Author Topic: Staining with Epson pretreat  (Read 2932 times)

Offline DemonSP

Staining with Epson pretreat
« on: October 23, 2019, 10:32:54 AM »
I’m at my wits end with this. Been using our epson f2000 for 3 years. Has around 30k prints. Not quite a rook. Last few runs have had this bad staining around the edges of the pretreat pics Included.

I’m using the epson pretreat. 70-30 mix. Lawson pretreat machine  Changed the tip. Hung to dry, used a tunnel dryer, heat press: stains all methods. Please help! I can’t afford to discount more shirts lol.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Staining with Epson pretreat
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:50:10 AM »
have you tried any other pretreat?

we use the FIREBIRD F2000 LIGHT DARK PRETREAT (sorry for the caps its copied from my order log) and seem to have decent luck.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:33:15 AM »
Since this is a new problem with your usual pre-treat, could the liquid itself have become contaminated?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 11:40:55 AM »
what changed?

Also, there are pretreats designed specifically for the light garments. Are you using those? Or, try using those. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »
That was the most frustrating part of DTG for me. Manufacture would change the mixture on pretreat and we'd get a new set of results. Without warning.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DemonSP

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Nothing has changed. Just using the same batch of pretreat. I’m going to try a different batch and see if that changes anything.