Author Topic: Sportmen EX  (Read 976 times)

Offline BP

Sportmen EX
« on: November 07, 2019, 09:05:50 AM »
We have a 2011 sportmen EX without a lubricator on the air regulator inlet. I know that there were a few years that M&R did not put them on the sportmen. But I do know that they went back to lubricators.
I have run both presses with and without. And the ones without on seem the have a lot of air leaks on squeegee clamps and screen holders etc. My question is has anyone add one to a sportmen that came without one? And if so did it help with air leaks?
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Re: Sportmen EX
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 09:38:07 AM »
Makes sense the seals are cracking from age and no oil, probably not much you can do but replace seals as they start blowing to much air.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 10:36:20 AM »
although not a Sportsman - our 2015 Gauntlet 3 didnt come with a lubricator on the air regulator.  i wish it did as ive replaced a ton of the squeegee clamps.

our 2010 sportsman E has a lubricator and we dont have any complaints with air leaks

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:46:38 PM »
Install tech for our G3 noticed that our sporty did not have an oiler. He told me to call M&R service and to just replace the air catch with a new unit that has the oiler inline. Tech said there unit they send out has a nice mount for both items on there.
Hoogie...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »
check McMaster as well...I can bet you it's a ton cheaper than M&R. 

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 07:40:05 AM »

While I've purchased my share of maint. parts on the open market I do feel a bit guilty every time one of the M&R support team answers the phone on the second ring after hours.

My 2 cents
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 08:28:17 AM »

While I've purchased my share of maint. parts on the open market I do feel a bit guilty every time one of the M&R support team answers the phone on the second ring after hours.

My 2 cents

I agree, I don't mind M&R making a markup on stuff...I have a problem when a $120 battery can be found online for less than $20.  Same exact brand.  I can't justify paying 6 times more for anything.

Offline BP

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 09:39:06 AM »
On some parts I just feel good knowing it will fit right the first time.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 09:56:04 AM »
To add to the M&R and parts prices, I can say this.

They may charge a hefty price for parts. Some justifiably so and some not so much. The ones (not so much), I would guess it's more of a courtesy thing. They have them, and if you want one from them, (since you may be ordering 20 other tithings,) they have that available also but yea, much higher priced.  Most of the reason I would guess, is that they don't make anything at all on tech customer service phone calls...Nothing.

In addition, it's true that they also don't make much on on site service calls. From my experience, it's a motto, to not charge for everything that could be. A lot of times, there are many more labor hours that are not billed.
They may make $ on parts, but not service.  Your total bill may seem hefty, but it's due to the cost to get there. Trust me, I know. They've paid out $500-900.00 in flight cost, (Most service calls are for next day)....+ 150.00 for car rental, 300 for hotel stay and my travel time and labor time on site to get me somewhere in a rush across the US from one side to the other, (for a service call under warranty).  They juggle Techs to locations where they are closest...and most available. They DO NOT charge for things they don't need to. Any parts "tried out"they send back, unlike an auto repair shop. They would rather NOT charge if they can.  I've seen it...and I've wondered how they stay in business with all of the added cost, but they must make it up on new equipment cost. For service alone, and all of the cost involved, and how little they try to charge for things in their control, I would assume they use "service" and a non profitable cost of doing business.  Thats my ex employee perspective. Actual facts could be different. Like maybe they do make a profit in the end over a years time. I dunno.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850