Author Topic: CorelDRAW 2019 - Who has upgraded?  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
CorelDRAW 2019 - Who has upgraded?
« on: November 08, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »
and what version did you upgrade from?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: CorelDRAW 2019 - Who has upgraded?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 08:50:14 AM »
X6 to X9.  It's ok.  It crashes a lot more, but I will say it imports AI files and such much better.  Fonts are slower in this version too.

I did lose some of my Macros.  I don't think they will be upgraded either.

If you don't need to upgrade, I wouldn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 09:54:02 AM »
I initially had issues with X6 not working well with my newer Win 10 machine, though it turned out to be a problem with the much higher reolution rather than the OS.
Seems to work fine now on both Win 7 and Win 10. (Of course, I will be changing the main machine to Win 10 soon.)
However, at that time, Corel told me , of course, that they don't support X6 on Win 7 and I should upgrade.
One disappointing thing, and vote against is that the Corel 9 or 2019 end user agreement allows for only two installations (and never simultaneous use) I would have preferred three, my main box, my traveling laptop, and the computer in my reception area.
I'll also put in another negative vote for the hard sell I got when I called with questions.
Then again, as an upgrade, it's only $200

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:12:34 AM »
Just installed it the other day and not a fan at all. Corel always likes to change the looks of things just for the sake of change. I cannot stand the objects window, very hard to find things quickly, a lot of other icons and such look so different. The fonts are horrible, super slow and I find myself jumping back to X7  so I can go through fonts quicker.

MK you should be able to inspect the older macros and make the changes needed to make them work in X9, usually its pretty simple to see what needs a change if you look at newer working macros.
"No man is an island"

Offline BRoe

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »
My old computer completely died not long after windows upgraded to 10, I didn't want to upgrade but got tired of the pop-up ads stating "FREE UPGRADE"  I had corel x6 and was perfectly satisfied with it, sadly it would not load from my external hard drive in my new computer and I lost the actual disc. I decided to bite the bullet and get the new Corel 2019. BIG MISTAKE!!! it is totally horrible!! I was told to switch to Corel 2018 from other people who tried 2019, and said be persistent with Corel support and they will do the switch to 2018. I did the year subscription. I called the number from the Corel website for support, after a long wait, and talking with 3 different people who all speak with the same dialect (very bad broken English!) I was told I would get an email from their tech department in 12-24 hours to deal with my problem because they are very busy!! After 30 hours and still no email, I decided to go back to support and do online chat instead of hearing that dialect again. And son of a gun, those tech people type just like they talk! Finally got the email with link to install 2018, no other instructions!? I emailed back to ask if I have to uninstall 2019, after half a day and no reply, I went ahead and installed 2018 and then proceeded to install all my 3rd party tools for Corel. An all day process!! Everything working GREAT!! Then, I get an email from support.....sorry for not giving you instructions, yes you have to uninstall 2019. If you have already installed 2018, you will have to uninstall 2019 and 2018, go into the windows program files and delete all corel files, then re-install 2018, apologies for the inconvenience.??????
So my advice is use 2018 version of Corel Draw, love the program, it's working perfect!!
And who ever developed the 2019 version should be fired along with their whole support department!!!

Offline Audifox

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »
Have been having the same issues since we upgraded to Corel  2019. IT SUCKS!!!!!
We too went from X6 to X9.  Big mistake.
We are running windows 10 on a new computer, and have been having issues.  It spends more time "not responding" or crashes entirely.

The guy who designed Corel about 4 yrs ago (the last time things sucked), was put in charge of the 2019 platform...... Apparently they didn't learn from the last failure.....

Would it be better to go straight  to the online chat, or should we go thru support first?

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »
"Upgraded" a few weeks ago when the upgrade was $159 and did the $99 subscription.  Was using 2017 since it came out.  All I'll say is that there have been a lot of crashes, slow response, and Corel 2019 just shutting down for no reason.   I'd like it if they could offer me an install of 2018 until they get this **** figured out.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 09:19:29 AM »
About a month into using x19 and it only has gotten worse.

I am really disappointed how they make visual changes just for the sake of making changes. But more seriously unlike all previous versions when Corel has a sudden crash it always makes restore files that you open when you restart Corel. Lately as Corel has been crashing more and more each time it never restores any files. I have lost a lot of work and time because of it.

Also Corel has never been good with nodes, may times you can have an object with a knock out but for some reason Corel cannot compute it correctly and just fills it in, the same object in Illustrator is just fine. Also trimming and combining is always a gamble with Corel sometimes it works other times it goes hay wire. This version is even worse then previous ones. I wish the dev team would put away the aesthetics tools and really work on the program.

I have stopped using X19 and continue to use X6.
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 10:03:50 AM »
Well, so far, the only positive improvement pointed out here is better handling of AI files (no small thing), but still, when the votes are tallied, an almost unanimous FAIL!

Offline Audifox

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »
Well, so far, the only positive improvement pointed out here is better handling of AI files (no small thing), but still, when the votes are tallied, an almost unanimous FAIL!

The only thing that was positive for us is the trace. That's improved. :-X