Author Topic: Return Policies  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Audifox

Return Policies
« on: November 20, 2019, 01:34:09 PM »
Hi all,
wondering how you deal with return policies on your online stores.

Had a lady call today that has ordered the same shirt in the past in a different color, but the new one doesn't fit like the other one...

I try to make it idiot proof, but apparently it is still not enough.
I have a size charts for every item (specific to the particular garment), fit guide, etc.   

The orders were delivered to the school at the end of October.
 We have done numerous items for this school and have never had any issues.
All the items get printed because there are lots of orders, and it is a one color front and one color back.(white on Royal garments)  But the down side is that there is a lot of fine detail and halftones that can't be reproduced with digital print (Stahl's cad cut color) and I don't have access to DTG.

What do you do?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Return Policies
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 02:28:42 PM »
In 3 different places throughout our store we say "Apparel is custom printed, so please pay attention to sizing. Apparel can not be returned for sizing issues.

It even says it before they checkout and on their receipt.

Even with that we get it sometime. Im not happy about it but we just freakin print it. I look at it overall we charge more for the store apparel so we make more for the job. And i dont want a parent squawking all over about crap.

I feel like its part of doing online stores..

But putting the disclaimer on in 3 different places has really really cut down on it happening (im going to go knock on wood)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »
We did have one issue with a store this year where one of the staff read the order wrong and embroidered names on the right front instead of the left sleeve. They were happy with the discount, and the promise of correcting it on the next run, in December. Somehow, the cost of a few mistakes needs to be added as a factor when figuring pricing, something small like 3% - 5% say, just like adding the store's and credit card's fees.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Audifox

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 02:13:58 PM »

In 3 different places throughout our store we say "Apparel is custom printed, so please pay attention to sizing. Apparel can not be returned for sizing issues.

It even says it before they checkout and on their receipt.

Even with that we get it sometime. Im not happy about it but we just freakin print it. I look at it overall we charge more for the store apparel so we make more for the job. And i dont want a parent squawking all over about crap.

I feel like its part of doing online stores..

But putting the disclaimer on in 3 different places has really really cut down on it happening (im going to go knock on wood)

I too  have it in three different places. But sometimes that makes no difference.

Yes all in all there has been very little issues. And agreed that it is a part of doing business, but there should also be some responsibility on the other end too.
 And smart phones have made people stupid....

Worked out ok though. They have the school store open a few times during the school year so I offered to do a new one at no cost when the store re opens. She was happy with that.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 06:53:00 AM »
 I get this once in a while, it's a pain but I try to put myself in their spot. Buying clothes online isn't really that easy, especially ladies cut items so I just reprint it. I'd rather have good words spread than negative. I have seen the same people order from multiple stores so I think they become more comfortable with ordering knowing if it doesn't fit, I will replace it - within reason. I've actually only had to rerun maybe 10 items and most were from defective shirts we missed... I had this one mom find a hole in the crotch of a pair of sweatpants, I reprinted them and she never picked them up...she just ran her mouth that our quality sucked.... Until the people in charge called her out in a meeting...

The reprint doesn't bother me as much as "I missed the deadline, can I still order?"....That really grinds my gears.... You had 2 weeks!! WTF Karen?! Your procrastination becomes my problem?! I start my paperwork right away so adding one item really throws a wrench in everything.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 07:25:34 AM »
I feel your pain guys. We rarely do custom work, but when we do we see this happen. As a matter of fact today we will be setting up for one piece and again for two pieces to keep a school happy. If we were busier right now I'd be throwing a fit, but we'd still do it. I guess we call it customer care. I don't know how we (or you) can change this. Like mentioned already, part of doing business. Gotta run. I have to go lose some money now.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA