Author Topic: Centering Shirts to Platen  (Read 3071 times)

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
Centering Shirts to Platen
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:01:10 PM »
Hello all,

We recently bought a Brother GTX-4 and are fairly new to the DTG game (we have been contracting it out but want to see what the limitations are in house). We ordered the larger platen but it hasn't come in yet, so we are stuck using the 14x16 standard platen for now.

I have noticed it is kind of hard to judge if a larger garment is completely straight and centered on the DTG platen compared to on press where you are adjusting the plates to the location you want and loading the shirt all the way onto them.

I am curious if anyone has found a creative way to load shirts on this smaller platen and keep it straight and centered 100% of the time? We are sampling high end garments for high profile clients and have no margin for error.

Any feed back is much appreciated!   

Offline Scobey Peterman

Re: Centering Shirts to Platen
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 02:22:58 PM »
Some shirts we measure with a 24 inch stick and mark the centers.  Yes, this takes more time but it sure is better then Eating an order.
Quality over Quantity

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »
Some shirts we measure with a 24 inch stick and mark the centers.  Yes, this takes more time but it sure is better then Eating an order.

This has never occurred to me. We don't do DTG, but for screen printing certain designs on 4X, 5X shirts - especially when there's only 1 or 2 in mix of 100+ shirts - that's a pretty good idea.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 01:35:09 PM »

This is what I have been doing as well. Seems like nobody has found an efficient/creative way to get this done quickly with 100% confidence. I am toying with some ideas I will keep you guys posted on what I discover.