Author Topic: Inkjet heat press paper  (Read 2074 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Inkjet heat press paper
« on: December 06, 2019, 02:16:18 PM »
We've had lot's of people coming in asking for 1 or 2 shirts printed, well not enough to have a DTG machine sitting in here, but enough that I'd like to do some inkjet heat press stuff, so what's the best inkjet transfer paper.  I think I might can get away with using one of those cheap inkjet printers as of right now I use a 1430 and still have an old 3000 for film which that's all I really want to do with them.  I hate sending them to my competitors when maybe we could make a few bucks instead.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:39:32 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Inkjet heat press paper
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 03:14:28 PM »
for white shirts, jet-soft pro, or something like that. Immediately after pressing, you stretch the shirts horizontally and it breaks it up a little, so they come out softer. I also have liked Ink Tran from Stahl's for white shirts. For those rare (once every couple of years) dark shirts, I just go to Staples and buy what ever 5 pack for $5.00 a sheet or so. I sure some other folks will have more on the ones for the dark shirts...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 03:20:54 PM »
After years of experimenting I went this route:
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 06:40:06 AM »
when maybe we could make a few bucks instead.

This is exactly what you'll make, a few bucks. If you're a busy shop it's not worth the hassle. Once you start sitting down with these people you'll realize "this was a mistake", or maybe not. Some people love doing these type of orders.
Tees and Coffee

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 02:19:49 PM »

This is exactly what you'll make, a few bucks. If you're a busy shop it's not worth the hassle. Once you start sitting down with these people you'll realize "this was a mistake", or maybe not. Some people love doing these type of orders.

even if you have the printer, the paper, the heat press all set and ready to go. It's the counter time and ARTWORK time that will EAT. YOU. ALIVE...the smaller the quantity, the bigger the PITA the customer is....plus how much can you charge for one shirt? Personally, I don't want to mess with invoices under 100.00... I'd rather go home than crop grandpa's face out of a family photo...

we just picked up a dtg, not for these type of jobs but to assist with our online stores. we'll see how it goes.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »

even if you have the printer, the paper, the heat press all set and ready to go. It's the counter time and ARTWORK time that will EAT. YOU. ALIVE...the smaller the quantity, the bigger the PITA the customer is....plus how much can you charge for one shirt? Personally, I don't want to mess with invoices under 100.00... I'd rather go home than crop grandpa's face out of a family photo...

Certainly agree. One needs to understand and know all of the details. Mine tend to be online file transmittal, and then charges commensurate with the time and effort involved.
Last week I ran a two day turnaround two color print on 15 pieces at $16.50 each that was just fine for the time spent.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 10:56:13 AM »
Yeah we've been turning these jobs away for years, I've told my wife it's just to time consuming for us to mess with for one and two shirts, but she works the front counter and thinks we can pick up a few bucks.  I'm not always up front, but know we have people coming in asking or calling for it, I guess what I'd like to do is show her it ain't worth the time with as little money invested in it as possible.  LOL people around here don't tell the whole truth as I've had people tell me so and so say they ask you all to do some shirts and you turn them down...see the word SHIRTS! ::) and she hates to hear that lie ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 11:20:07 AM »
What I have done many times, is instruct them quickly on how to go to Staples and buy some transfer paper and go nuts. I also tell them to get extra shirts.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 11:30:23 AM »
What I have done many times, is instruct them quickly on how to go to Staples and buy some transfer paper and go nuts. I also tell them to get extra shirts.

Steve

This is exactly what I tell them when their designs contain bigtime copyrighted elements. Most common is Disney stuff for family trips!