Author Topic: Shop in the same town as Disney gets sued by Disney.  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Shop in the same town as Disney gets sued by Disney.
« on: December 11, 2019, 01:48:01 PM »
In todays times, it's way too easy to get into trouble with copyright infringements. The temptation is everywhere.  So many of these on line sites that sell and promote your store designs for you, (yet claiming they do not control or are not responsible for what their customers sell in their stores is false. They are responsible, and you are responsible just as much.  You can't open a store in Zazzle or the like, and sell Cricut vinyl designs of Harley Davidson and Disney.  Just like we can't screen print designs of Disney or any other licensed products was we all know. Right?

This guy kind of had is coming to him He received two warnings, and he's like 30 miles from Disney, has a store front, and an online business (incorporating the implied Disney name into his Co name...and including actual Disney art and logo's on product. He got two notices...and didn't stop. Now that he's getting sued, he has changed his name, and changed the product to only include "sort of" Disney stuff"that he think will pass.  I think he will be bankrupt soon is my guess. Poking the bear.

https://www.wesh.com/article/disney-lucasfilm-suing-winter-garden-business-for-copyright-infringement/30189986

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Shop in the same town as Disney gets sued by Disney.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 02:05:46 PM »
I wish the print article showed the infringements.  The ones in the video were pretty clear violations honestly.  And his patent was turned down for his "logo" because it was so similar to the Mickey logo.

He gets what he deserves at this point.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 02:28:08 PM »
My wife goes on her market place site and see all kinds of knock offs of stuff, and she ask me can they do this, which I tell her no, but it's a home biz and they do all kinds of crap, that if we did it we would be shut down fast.  Had a guy many years ago tell me about Disney taking his mobile store because he was set up close by and selling knock-off t-shirts and stickers to people going to the park. dumb!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 02:46:43 PM »
hope he burns in Hell. I used to print for Disney and I hated see stuff out there. And guys like that give us all a bad name!
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »
There is so much stuff out there on Etsy it's insane.  We printed up shirts for ourselves for our last visit.  I wouldn't dream of selling them, that's for sure.  Also, I am not a fan of online store stuff.

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 10:21:27 AM »
This is really difficult to imagine.  Place has been in business for 5 years, and (1) thought they’d get away with it or (2) didn’t realize this was an issue??

And it’s located basically down the street from Disney??   Wow!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
hope he burns in Hell. I used to print for Disney and I hated see stuff out there. And guys like that give us all a bad name!
But how else can these soccer moms get use out of their Cricuts they got for Mother's day? They can start a business making those stupid family decals and Calvins pissing on things...  Between Etsy, Ebay and facebook marketplace, there are SO many of these assclowns out there it's unbelievable.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...