Author Topic: What we are getting for Christmas  (Read 9070 times)

Offline 1964GN

What we are getting for Christmas
« on: December 14, 2019, 07:32:13 AM »
2 brand new MHM presses. 1 x 14/16 S-Type Xtreme and 1 x 10/12 S-Type Xtreme. Delivery scheduled for 12/20/2019! We firmly believe that these presses combined with the Douthitt CTS will be the ultimate set up.

Both ROQ presses are sold to a Canadian company. Over the holidays they will be torn down and crated, the MHM's will be uncrated, the dryer will be moved to make room for the 10/12, with install starting on 1/6/2020. Tony Palmer will be here for 3 days just before the Long Beach show for training. The next few weeks are going to be busy!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What we are getting for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »
Our 15+ year old Synchro-S still does a great job. Congrats on the new presses.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »
Curious, why did you move away from the Roq? sounds like an awesome set up!
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 06:46:15 PM »
We firmly believe that these presses combined with the Douthitt CTS will be the ultimate set up.

Chasing perfection coast a lot of money.

This what I thought and what I have wax/mhm s type but was left disappointed, I do sincerely hope your expectations are meet above and beyond.

Depending on the your shops threshold of perfection there is no ultimate set up rather the lesser of evils you learn to work with.

My expectations of pre reg/plug and play has not meet the my mark, it is a great system but imo the tri lock a better platform. The S type pallet arms present challenges in loading long sleeves, near impossible to get a Hanes/gildan S on down or Bella M on down onto platten. Too much flex in pallet arms this was a major bummer for me, you can stand on the end of a TAS arm and it will not flex period.

comments are not meant to be a buzz kill just be prepared for unseen issues and learn how to work with them.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »
We firmly believe that these presses combined with the Douthitt CTS will be the ultimate set up.

Chasing perfection coast a lot of money.

This what I thought and what I have wax/mhm s type but was left disappointed, I do sincerely hope your expectations are meet above and beyond.

Depending on the your shops threshold of perfection there is no ultimate set up rather the lesser of evils you learn to work with.

My expectations of pre reg/plug and play has not meet the my mark, it is a great system but imo the tri lock a better platform. The S type pallet arms present challenges in loading long sleeves, near impossible to get a Hanes/gildan S on down or Bella M on down onto platten. Too much flex in pallet arms this was a major bummer for me, you can stand on the end of a TAS arm and it will not flex period.

comments are not meant to be a buzz kill just be prepared for unseen issues and learn how to work with them.

We are not chasing perfection. We are chasing the best partners for efficiency and growth.

You have never tried to prints sleeves on a ROQ, have you. It ain't pretty. We designed our own pallets that made it possible. We may be screwed with the MHM's. We did have them make some custom 4" pallets. I guess we'll know if they work the first week of 2020.

I have a very long post prepared outlining the events that have lead us to leave Ryonet and ROQ. I'll post is soon.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 03:16:06 PM »
Good choice, I have a Douthitt, S Type and E Type.     I haven’t dialed them in but I’m happy with our set up times.
I had our sleeve pallets make shorter than the standard pallets.   Ordered them custom made by Action.   This way it’s much easier to get the sleeve to the print area without pulling them onto the pallet.
With shirts you start the print about 4” from the neck, about 5” from the start of the pallet so I made mine 4” shorter.

Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Biverson

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 11:00:48 PM »
Sounds like your Christmas and mine are pretty similar. I'm getting an Xtype 8C/10S installed first part of the year as well. Replacing a 7/8 Volt M. Would have loved to go S-type, but wouldn't fit in my space. Douthitt is getting installed this week Wednesday.   

I'm Interested in the 4" sleeve pallets. I got the 5' but would have got the 4 had I known they were available.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 07:09:46 AM »
We have had the Douthitt running for a few weeks now. It's been a real game changer. Our ROQs have pin registration so they modified it to work until the MHM's get installed. Initially it was all over the place but over time it has gotten better and better. The attached is a 5 color we did last week. The grey was the only color that need a small tweak. I'd say that's pretty impressive. We fully expect to get similar results with the new stuff over time.
@T Shirt Farmer You need to contact SPSI and see if they can get Tony Palmer over to your shop for a few days. The guy is a wizard and should be able to get you where want to be.
@Biverson I'll keep you posted on the 4". We had them custom made but I don't remember if MHM or Action made them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:17:32 AM by 1964GN »

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 10:02:30 AM »
Our 7am Christmas Eve delivery!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2019, 11:00:54 PM »
I’ll be very interested to hear results. We tested 4 different “pin” systems before building our 3 point tri loc style setup as none of the pin systems were as good. Will also be interested to see how you guys eliminate the issues created by the douthitt drum as the tension that puts on the mesh does not translate to perfect registration on press.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 06:04:43 AM »
I’ll be very interested to hear results. We tested 4 different “pin” systems before building our 3 point tri loc style setup as none of the pin systems were as good. Will also be interested to see how you guys eliminate the issues created by the douthitt drum as the tension that puts on the mesh does not translate to perfect registration on press.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as we go. I hear you loud and clear on the Douthitt tension issue. It initially came with a bar/clamp system for the MHM which they modified to work with our ROQ pins (pinned only on one side) but it didn't really work and reg was way off. The top clamp comes straight down and they only way to get the pins to align was force it BUT the tension was minimal.

They sent us a push set up modified with pins at the bottom, and the top clamp that pushes the frame/mesh against the drum. Every time I put a frame in I think the mesh is going to pop. To say it's excessive is putting it mildly. Our biggest issue has been the underbase. In some cases it was like there was no choke.

The tension on the mesh/drum is vastly different between the 2 systems. Is it safe to say that you never tested a "pin" system where both ends of the screen were pinned like the MHM and Douthitt?

Anyway, install is scheduled for the week of January 6th and we are banking a bunch of work. I'll have the good, the bad, and the ugly in a few weeks.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 07:35:50 AM »
ROQ presses are disassembled and the new air and electrical drops going in for the MHM's.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 06:30:26 AM »
Install on the smaller press started yesterday. We are pretty impressed with the build quality. Those print heads are a lot heavier than they look... very stout compared to our ROQ's. We also purchased 425 screens with welded on cups.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

What we are getting for Christmas
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 04:28:43 PM »
Sorry if this was mentioned already but I’m curious what size your building is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 07:25:29 AM »
75x100 total including office and embroidery.

Good progress being made!