Author Topic: Tri-Blend Database  (Read 1948 times)

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
Tri-Blend Database
« on: December 16, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »
Good morning to all,

After doing some research and experimenting with our GTX on some tri-blend orders, it appears that a key issue we are having is dye migration, not pretreat stain. I ran an order on Tultex 90/10 heather gray garments, and everything on size large garments had little to no dye migration, whereas the 2x had such bad dye migration I couldn't allow it to leave the shop. I tried on multiple 2x Tultex garments and got the same result each time. We switched the 2x from Tultex to Alstyle (90/10 heather gray) and got no dye migration at all on any of the garments. We used the same pretreat/drying/curing process for everything.

Anyone use the Brother GTX-4 or any other DTG machine and have a database of what tri-blends have worked with little to no dye migration? I am going to start building one out for what is working in our shop, but was curious if anyone had a starting point already. It appears the significance of the dye migration relies on the mill/dye house and their process.

Thanks in advance!

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
Re: Tri-Blend Database
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
Updated question...For anyone printing polyester or blends what sort of pretreat are you using?

Offline jupmode

• Verified/Junior
Re: Tri-Blend Database
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 06:21:30 PM »
We don't do DTG in house, however we have sent triblends to our contract DTG source. We've had great results on the LA Apparel TR01 in athletic gray. He's using the Brother machine that came out before the GTX.

Tultex aren't great shirts to begin with. We have dye migration issues between sizes when screen printing.