Author Topic: I'm done with S-mesh  (Read 1325 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I'm done with S-mesh
« on: January 21, 2020, 12:45:21 PM »
Well while the product is good and produces some very nice prints at low print pressures I'm done with them, had two screen bust and the third this morning, I think I might have two left and I'm done with that mesh.  Yeah it might me but I've never had this many screen bust during production.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I'm done with S-mesh
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »
I've only ever had one go during production and that was because I printed a freshly glued platen.  It was a mess.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:20:18 PM »
i know plenty of shops feel this way, but its definitely you, not the mesh.  We pop them too, but almost 100% of our pops have been in reclaim.  I think we have had 1 go on press and it already had a hole in it near the edge. 

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 04:10:37 PM »
Same here, I know it's the guys on press, but it makes my screen guy go crazy... I tell them they have to be careful, and I'm sure they try, but, it still happens.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 05:59:53 PM »
Yep, lots has gotta change in all areas of the shop. If you’re running a mix of thin/regular thread then you’re gunna need a LOT more training.

Print a 160 base the same way you’d print a 160s vase and that’s a good way to pop a screen on press.

Use the same coating style as your regular thread and that’ll give you a way higher EOM. That’ll have your guys putting more pressure and flooding harder too to make it work, pop city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 07:53:54 PM »
 I dont even think about s mesh being fragile anymore, we've adapted, and it just is the way it is. Haven't had one pop on press in a long time, but cue one breaking tomorrow on the one off Cashmere sweater hahah

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 07:43:37 AM »
I think we have had 1 break on press that we didn't cause. I'll take it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 08:17:34 AM »
Pretty much every time we’ve busted one on press it’s flood bar pressure. We have a mix of action and M&R floods so we have to pay attention to flood bar heights. Double stroke on a polo with buttons will do it too. Figures out to DS with the table down like the old school M&Rs do. Problem solved. If we didn’t use Newman’s I don’t know if I’d use thin thread. Knowing you can just go put some mesh in the frame real quick takes away a lot of the pissed off factor.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »
We never adopted them as a standard in our shop. We're hard on our screens, and can achieve the same print quality using other techniques than having to deal with super thin mesh.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
Never broke one on press that wasn't caused by our negligence.  All we use is S and all we will ever use is S.  Unless some new technology comes about.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 11:02:49 AM »
Most likely flood pressure. I make sure the flood bars are never in contact with the mesh and I haven't had one pop on press. As stated above, I like using the EZ frames because it's easy to get a screen back in the rotation. You can also custom order Endurance panels with S-Mesh which I will eventually start doing for some extra durability but so far I haven't had many holes or edge breaks yet.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 11:14:20 AM »
Could have been the flood bar, but I thought I slacked up on that, off contact was fine and the squeegee pressure set low, that's one reason why I like the s mesh you can clear the screen with low print pressure even with white ink.  I'm glad you guys got a handle on these screens, they are really worth every penny, but it's gonna take me a little to adjust if I decide to buy anymore.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 02:46:07 PM »
they are really worth every penny, but it's gonna take me a little to adjust if I decide to buy anymore.

It’s an investment like any other. Not just in materials but in process. If you don’t have them in your fleet it’s kinda hard to adjust, and causes a lot of variation.

In a perfect world my suggestion is to flip them all over to thin thread and figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk