Author Topic: Glass supplier  (Read 6803 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Glass supplier
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
Soooooooooooooo..... In true "me" style I have put the horse before the cart. We are officially getting into glass printing.... Where the hell does one buy blank glasses? I feel pretty stupid, like the people asking if jiffyshirts is REALLY the best deal.

I have tried contacting Libby directly, but the reception is not the same as you get when you sign up with say S&S or alphabroder.

Anyone care to help me out?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
Re: Glass supplier
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 02:12:46 PM »
I buy from a restaurant supply store, might be the jiffyshirts of doing it but I have one up the street. To give you an idea can glasses (Libbey 209) run about $1.16/piece when I buy 3 cases.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 02:18:05 PM »
Glass is one of those things that is typically dealt with locally due to shipping issues.

We have several large mfgrs/vendors/decorators near us that you would never find unless you talked to someone
that deals with them. Or in my case have several friends that have worked for them. Just tried to look up a specific
company that I know exists, zero web presence.

Not sure if that's helpful at all. Thomasnet or even just following the supply chain up from end user is probably
your best bet.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/libbey-209-16-oz-customizable-can-glass-case/551209.html

You might also consider printing on mason jars.....4.25 a dozen if you buy a skid of 2,880.....https://www.fillmorecontainer.com/a16-08c-case12ct-12-oz.html

In Canada we can get 16 oz Libbey  Flare mixing glasses for 10.00 for 12....I could not find them on US site....But might be worth looking....

Until you are buying multiple skids, Libbey will not be much if any cheaper than restaurant suppliers.....Or even $ stores.....

PS....What ink are you using?...

Offline jupmode

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 04:11:46 PM »
Try Marck & Associates (https://m-ware.com/). I've seen them at trade shows and they're based out of Toledo, which is where we are. Our printer uses them a lot. It's going to be a lot tougher to order through Libbey as they want to work with larger shops.

The other manufacturer we've had in the past is Arc. I think this is their website: https://www.arc-online.com/.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 04:44:46 PM »
Cool thanks everyone!

We are buying a shipping container to put out back so we'll be able to buy them by the pallet. But we need to just start with a handfull for practicing and whatnot!

Never in a million years did I think we would get into glass printing, yet here I find myself trying to figure out how to swim after I jumped off the boat...  :-\
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 05:02:48 PM »
www.markAssoc.com   Mark & Associates is where I bought some of my glassware back when we did pad printing, I think they are in Ohio, someone might have mention them already since I didn't read all the post, and I'm sure someone is going to tell you about breakage and the cost to ship is dang near if not more than the glassware itself.  We printed coffee mugs and wine glasses for high proms,  wine glasses did pretty good in shipping but those coffee mugs, if the cup wasn't cracked the handles were broken.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 05:03:26 PM »
Something I've always wanted to get into but haven't gotten around to. Let us know how it goes!

The place my friends worked at would screen print a sand blast resist, they did some pretty crazy stuff for Napa.
I still can't even wrap (get it!) my head around setting up artwork to appear correctly on a tapered and round item.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »
Something I've always wanted to get into but haven't gotten around to. Let us know how it goes!

The place my friends worked at would screen print a sand blast resist, they did some pretty crazy stuff for Napa.
I still can't even wrap (get it!) my head around setting up artwork to appear correctly on a tapered and round item.

The taper does not matter much.....Your art is just a rectangle....No adjustment for the taper....You set the glass flat to the screen and print it....Most art will look just fine....But if you have a round or square rectangle it will be a little skewed.....

Offline markdhl

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 08:15:27 AM »
Try https://www.liteam.com/18/home.htm

Lasting Impressions might be a great resource.

Richard Greaves knows more about this also.  Send me email if you want to talk more.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 09:24:20 PM »
Cool thanks everyone!

We are buying a shipping container to put out back so we'll be able to buy them by the pallet. But we need to just start with a handfull for practicing and whatnot!

Never in a million years did I think we would get into glass printing, yet here I find myself trying to figure out how to swim after I jumped off the boat...  :-\

How are you making out with glass printing?.......Can you post some videos to YouTube to show your operation......Thanks....

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »
not sure if this helps but just maybe it takes you where you ultimately go just like mentioned above
mooseman

https://www.thomasnet.com/products/wine-glasses-35070705-1.html
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2023, 03:29:49 PM »
It has been a long time since I have been on the forum....

How are you making out with cylindrical printing?....

Recently I discovered therestauarantstore.com  Free shipping on their house brand Acopa on orders over U$500.00....Made a small order today to see hopw it goes.... https://www.therestaurantstore.com/items/401606  These should make a nice wedding favour....