Author Topic: Epson 4800  (Read 4880 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Epson 4800
« on: February 18, 2020, 06:53:21 PM »
Well, the printer has started leaving lines in print, I have cleaned heads with cleaning from the computer and SubSonic cleaning, soaked head overnight on cleaning solution and still lines very faint but lines. The very first part of the print is almost none existant and then it starts getting darker. Any clues? I am going to let head soak again tonight hoping it will clear. Thanks ahead of responses
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 06:56:41 PM by sportsshoppe »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Epson 4800
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 08:36:01 PM »
It may be off track form your real issue, but have you tried looking inside the printer for anything hanging up along the rollers or where the film feeds out?  This is usually my issue with lines. Something caching ink. and letting it drag out. Are the line always on the same area?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00:20 PM »
For some reason that doesn’t sound like a head clog if it gets darker as it goes. I don’t wanna speculate too much but could be something pump related, or something simple like the dampers.

But since you went straight to soaking the whole head I gotta ask, are you running black in all 8 cartridges? I print from one cartridge at a time, so if it fails you can switch to another. So if you’re using them all you could try turning some off and hope the culprit is just one part of the printhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 11:44:05 PM »
When was the last time you cleaned the capping station and the rubber seal on capping station?  Last time you replaced the pump assembly?  Check those in that order as those are the main culprits.  I’ve repaired quite a few 4800/4880 printers.   Let me know if I can help.   

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 04:53:07 PM »
CB I only have one cartridge black
Dan I looked inside really good for anything that may be dragging the rollers but see nothing obvious.
It started just all the sudden, printed several images the day before and next day this started :(
Yes the lines are always horizontal and cannot really tell if they are in a specific order I will try to post pic. Thanks to all

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 05:14:07 PM »
When was the last time you cleaned the capping station and the rubber seal on capping station?  Last time you replaced the pump assembly?  Check those in that order as those are the main culprits.  I’ve repaired quite a few 4800/4880 printers.   Let me know if I can help.
I clean the capping station monthly but have never replaced the pump assembly :(

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »
Up Date
Changed setting on T-Rip to 1440 X 1440 DD HS (it was on 1440 X 1440 HS) and printed a large solid block and it started off skipping or banding and then got solid. Not sure if the change did it or the 3 nights of soaking head with cleaning solution but I will take whichever worked if it will kee[ it up.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 05:53:15 PM »
Awesome to hear! From all of this it makes me feel like the pump is good but maybe you had some drying in the dampers. I keep a set of dampers on hand because they’re relatively easy to switch out and have been the source of an issue for me before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 05:15:35 PM »
CB I sent you a PM please let me know if you don't get it. I still need help

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 06:35:07 PM »
This is what’s printing, I was told it may be print head. Has anyone had this type of print? Maintenance tank has lots of loose ink in it so pump is definitely working. Thanks

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 11:29:04 PM »
how much ink in cart? sometime they get air in them.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 06:53:54 AM »
Ink carts are full, black is at 70% and falling☹️
Trying to figure out how to make T-rip or the printer to print from another color and move my black cartridge to that slot to try that but have not figured out how to do that yet.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 10:49:02 AM »
Assuming refillable carts, is the vent left opened? Your pic looks like losing prime/air in lines etc.
That it goes in and out almost confirms it. I've yet to see it happen but check that cart is fully seated,
and if you have a spare cart, worth trying it.

FWIW the heads on these last a loooonnnggggg time. We go through a roll of film or two a week and
they last years and years.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 11:22:12 AM »
Tip the machine towards the back about 1" in front to see if that helps.i did find that helped me sometimes.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 12:11:42 PM »
Could also be a bad cable signal. I've experienced that on other printers.

This might be reaching maybe, but might not be an ink or head issue.  Communication issue maybe.

1, Try powering off, then also disconnecting the printer plug from the wall. Wait 15 seconds or so and re-connect and turn back on.

2, See also, if you can locate a spare printer cable toggle that a shot.  Any break in any one of the individual cable wires inside the line from a move or a desk chair smashing on top can do to it.

Just a thought.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850