Author Topic: Preferred Trucking Line?  (Read 3372 times)

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
Preferred Trucking Line?
« on: February 20, 2020, 07:31:02 PM »
For all of you that have regular inbound and outbound pallets, which trucking line do you use?  We recently had a pallet of shirts arrive to the customer SOAKED in oil.  The pallet was fully wrapped, so somewhere in transit a supply line must have broke above our pallet and soaked the majority of our boxes with oil.  There was about $7k worth of shirts on the pallet and all were either damaged by the oil or reek of oil.  Our trucking line will only offer a $1500 reconciliation, they are stating that the shirts that did not get covered in oil (but still smell of oil) are not damaged.  In the meantime we had to reprint the whole order.

Long story short, this type of resolution process sucks and we need a new trucking line with better morals.  Which trucking lines do you guys like?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Preferred Trucking Line?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 08:09:31 PM »
YRC.

But really they are all bad, especially now. Some just more than others. XPO has been good too.
DHX can fall off a cliff. They may just be regional though.

UPS and FedEx while typically a little higher probably understand damage claims better.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:35:33 PM »
In my experience the freight shipping industry has ZERO morals. It's easier once you can except that I think.

We have had great luck with:
-YRC
-Dohrn Transfer
-NM Express
-XPO
-Dayton Freight

HORRIBLE Experence:
- UPS Freight
- Pitt Ohio Express
- SAIA
- Central Transport

If you are ok with doing a consolidated shipment, Roadrunner has worked OK for us.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 09:00:33 PM »
I mostly use Fedex Freight....I like that they the shipment from one end to the other and have good tracking...I use www.freightcom.com as my broker.....

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 10:19:39 PM »
Everyone on here reading this get shipping insurance all shipping companies especially freight do not care. They are there to get your skids from A to B and hope they do because otherwise they tell you what you want to hear. When I say shipping insurance I am not talking about "check box if you like to insure this shipment" I am saying get a Shipping Policy with your agent. Separate policy maybe several hundred maybe several thousand a year only you know how much you ship. But it will do far more than any of those companies listed above.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 10:47:39 PM »
we have been using mothership.com recently.

It's still a young site, so a couple of kinks, but super easy to get quotes, and works super well for NON critical freight!!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 08:34:27 AM »
I don't ship by truck very often, but I go with YRC. I have a good rep that makes it easy for me. If you are an SGIA member there is a nice discount as well.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Flash Ink

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 12:05:40 PM »
We are on the west coast and use Oak Harbor. I have been using them for years both for my business and the one that I used to work for. The only issue with them is they only ship on the west coast, if your destination is outside of their shipping area they will hand off to another carrier and thats when it can go sideways.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 12:29:28 PM »
We are on the west coast and use Oak Harbor. I have been using them for years both for my business and the one that I used to work for. The only issue with them is they only ship on the west coast, if your destination is outside of their shipping area they will hand off to another carrier and thats when it can go sideways.

Second for Oak Harbor. Sanmar uses them in our area exclusively, and I've been trying to get CCI to switch to them.