Author Topic: Coronavirus - effects on business  (Read 23276 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Coronavirus - effects on business
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2020, 09:28:17 AM »
supposed to be 1000 per employee. let us know.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EIDL has 2 parts, 1k per employee is forgivable advancement. The EIDL Loan beyond that is as Biverson described above.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2020, 09:39:42 AM »
Yes, we just got funded today on the EIDL and the advance.  It was nice no doubt.  Still waiting on the PPP funds, but those should drop any day now.

Offline rusty

« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2020, 09:51:24 AM »
I got the PPP loan about 2 weeks ago through my bank. And just got told we are eligible for the EIDL. which I must have filled out about 2 months ago.

We are pretty busy due to online store sales and switching to small batch fulfillment, and other stuff is starting to trickle in. I was able to hire a guy back and a new guy.

This whole shakeup has really made me step back and adjust my business for the better.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2020, 10:23:08 AM »
graphic disorder isn't the loan the pay check protection program?
Shane

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »
Shane

Nope. EIDL and PPP are not the same thing.

EIDL is a 30 year 3.5% loan. Also a up to 10k forgivable loan (1k per employee) as an advancement.

PPP is a 2 year loan forgivable if you use it for payroll. 

They are 2 different programs.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #320 on: May 19, 2020, 10:42:44 AM »
Shane

EIDL is a 30 year 3.5% loan. Also a up to 10k forgivable loan (1k per employee) as an advancement.

just to muddify things a little more, the EIDL forgivable part will actually decrease your PPP grant.
So if you received an EIDL advance ($1K per employee), your PPP grant will be that much lower.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2020, 10:45:41 AM »
Shane

just to muddify things a little more, the EIDL forgivable part will actually decrease your PPP grant.
So if you received an EIDL advance ($1K per employee), your PPP grant will be that much lower.

pierre

Correct and as far as I can tell that is as close as they come to relating at all.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2020, 11:03:00 AM »
Yes government cluster.
Shane

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2020, 01:18:46 PM »
We are not sure if we will make it here.
Its been now 6 weeks since our shops last big order.  Face masks are keeping presses moving, but I think I can see an end for our shop.

Its my Uncles printing Company, and screen printing is a small portion. If it does go under it may just be the kick in the ass to finally set up my own studio for design and print.

I hope it doesn't obviously, but the offset side is almost at a stand still for 4 weeks now, and screen printing can't sustain the entire building.

I hope the rest of you guys get through this ok!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2020, 01:33:01 PM »
Its been now 6 weeks since our shops last big order.  Face masks are keeping presses moving, but I think I can see an end for our shop.

Its my Uncles printing Company, and screen printing is a small portion. If it does go under it may just be the kick in the ass to finally set up my own studio for design and print.

I hope it doesn't obviously, but the offset side is almost at a stand still for 4 weeks now, and screen printing can't sustain the entire building.

Very sorry to hear this...good luck.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2020, 03:35:22 PM »

hang in there! good luck!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2020, 09:56:27 PM »

hang in there! good luck!

Maybe it's time to cast off the non-profitable side, sub out the offset side and refocus.  No sense in killing an entire company when there is something to salvage.  I've known plenty of people to do the same.

Look at places like Aldi, they aren't trying to be a walmart super center.  Focus on what you are good at, with as few people as needed.  Downsize.  It's probably your only option.  It's better that some lose their jobs than everyone.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #327 on: July 20, 2020, 11:06:39 AM »
It's been a couple months since the last reply. How is everyone doing? Are things back to normal on your end?

After a perfect June with only 5% decrease in sales (up from 80% drop in May), we are now looking at 60/70% drop again.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #328 on: July 20, 2020, 11:46:03 AM »
3rd best May and 3rd best June for us on record. Pacing to be a record or close to record July. March was way off, April we were basically closed but I did take some orders late in the month to prepare to open in May.

Day to day it is all over the place, up and down.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #329 on: July 20, 2020, 11:50:15 AM »
We are all over the place here.  It sure isn't going to be a record year for us unless we are going for a record low.  We are however making enough to pay our bills and staying afloat so I'm grateful for that.
It's not a job if you love doing it.