Author Topic: Ulano Orange  (Read 3752 times)

Offline BP

Ulano Orange
« on: March 17, 2020, 09:23:37 AM »
Has anyone heard that Ulano was going to stop making orange?
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
Re: Ulano Orange
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 09:32:56 AM »
Hope not, its all we've been using or years.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 09:48:20 AM »

We use it like it a bunch........so I just called Ulano  to get the scoop (so to speak)and they absolutely state that  "ORANGE" is not going away.
Take it for what the info is worth.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 10:05:55 AM »

We use it like it a bunch........so I just called Ulano  to get the scoop (so to speak)and they absolutely state that  "ORANGE" is not going away.
Take it for what the info is worth.
mooseman

That is good to know. I have a supplier tell me that is was going away.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline kidink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 11:54:36 AM »
I've heard good things about Ulano Orange. Are you able to add sensitiser to it to make it more waterbased friendly?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »
I just bought a gal of Ulano orange as the price is a little better than the VPR by CCI and I will say the few screens I've used so far I'm happy with it, the orange color throws me off a bit but I just might keep using it in place of the VPR, both burn at 10 seconds, so no loss there on burn time.  No long runs as of yet so it might be a while before we see how a long run holds up with a 10 second burn compared to VPR 10sec burn.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 03:15:24 PM »
Works great for long runs (plastisol). Not a WB / DC emulsion my any means. Haven't added diazo before, but I have used murikami hardener (non permanent type) for short WB / discharge runs (50-100 pcs) and it held up fine for what we were doing on the auto. Great EOM and price point. We coat 1/0 on the saati autocoater and still have acceptable EOM on thin thread.

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 11:53:33 PM »
I tried Ulano Orange a few years ago and it didn't work for me....may have been a bad batch, or just bad for me.

I have been running Cryocoat/Phu exclusively for the past few years as it worked well for plastisol and wb/discharge, but reclaim was taking too long.  Last month I was sent a sample of Ulano QXO (for plastisol) and am really liking it and reclaim is so easy - we'll see how a few more gallons works out.  I'd recommend trying it.  I still using Cryocoat/Phu for WB/Discharge.....maybe it's time to try something else for those needs.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 01:57:25 PM »
Can’t see them getting rid of one of their best selling brands.  Was sued widely when I was out to shops doing installs.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850