Author Topic: Your shop and new normal for the future  (Read 713 times)

Offline Croft

Your shop and new normal for the future
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »
So when you can call your employees back what will your new process be.

so far I'm thinking
-Hand sanitizer at every entrance must be used every time you enter building "smoke breaks, lunches etc"
-limit customer pick up, single entrance behind counter ( I'm mainly contract so have little face to face with customers just email and we ship 90% of orders)
-maybe employee start of day temp taking for the near future or until a vaccine is available.
-make masks available
-we already use gloves
-promote hand washing more
-twice daily wipe down of door knobs / bathroom fixtures / pressure washer handles etc

any other reasonable ideas

Offline Prince Art

Re: Your shop and new normal for the future
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 01:56:29 PM »
Mine is a one-man shop, primarily online, so few things change here. But until the virus has subsided (due to vaccine or whatever), mandatory masks would be much more beneficial. From all I've researched, masks provide healthy people only partial protection against getting the illness. (N95 masks included, as the virus can enter through eyes.) Masks are more effective at keeping infected people from spreading the disease. With up to 14 days for symptoms to show, and some people being asymptomatic carriers, spread can occur through people who feel fine. Mandatory masks in the workplace should do a lot to keep people well. Optional masks might do something... but I expect only the committedly cautious would wear them. (It's not like people want to wear them.)
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »
we are ramping up for the incoming masks and have ppl back in the shop.

right now, temp at the door, mandatory masks and 6' distance. Sanitizer at every station in spray bottle with paper towels next to it.

I like the wipe down idea.

pierre

p.s. really good education on proper prevention is also a must!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 02:05:57 PM »
Pressure washer by entrance before entering, yeah this might hurt a little.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline numbercruncher

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 02:59:27 PM »
from my OSHA inspection days - make sure that the spray  bottles with sanitizer are clearly marked as such -
years back I failed to have my spray bottles with water clearly identified - ggod luck to all of you
Michael Jirasek
Independent Consultant
708-227-5084
jirs23m@hotmail.com

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 10:22:54 AM »
One other idea: Take a cue from some grocery stores, and map out "routes" through your shop to limit the number of times people cross paths. I suspect in many shops, people are used to bumping into each other (maybe not literally) throughout the day; but space probably allows for this to be avoided, IF traffic flow is mandated as related to specific tasks. I'd aim to make one-way circuits through as much of the shop as possible; and also provided instruction for yielding right of way when crossing paths, to maintain the 6' distance.
Nice guys laugh last.