Author Topic: Where to outsource small DTG order  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Prince Art

Where to outsource small DTG order
« on: April 28, 2020, 10:30:21 AM »
We've got a customer wanting to place a 150, 1-color screenprint order, but also wants a 10-12 pc multi-color, 2-location order for family. Saying yes to both could get us the job. DTG seems right for the latter, but we don't do it. Any recommendations for where to outsource?
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Re: Where to outsource small DTG order
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 11:15:03 AM »
It depends on your location. I have a source in Jax that has been really great to work with. He is a board member too.
http://jnjdesign.com/
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »
Got a pretty reliable place up here in MN finally they are only contract, run Kornits and will actually order the shirts for you or have them in stock. As long as you don't need the order Dec/Jan so far they have been great. Let me know if you would like the info.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »
I have some places locally (Portland Oregon) that we outsource to, one with a brother for light garments and one with a kornit for dark garments, but since I'm not a huge fan of direct to garment I would suggest using Apex https://www.apextransfers.com/ultra-ink.php to order some transfers, you can gang up the images, and then press them on.

I've been doing this in favor of direct to garment recently, and even for some larger orders where it was cheaper for the customer to do this than traditional screen printing due to setups / separations / ink mixing, ect.

They look great, and feel more like a screen print that is heat pressed, don't smell like vinegar (pre-treat), and hold up better to washing than a digital printed vinyl transfer.

It's good to have sources for DTG, but this may be a different approach to the same order and I think you'll get better results than DTG this way depending on the image / garments being ordered.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 03:17:27 PM »
I would suggest using Apex https://www.apextransfers.com/ultra-ink.php to order some transfers, you can gang up the images, and then press them on.

They are good people. Like 20 min from my house. We have used those Ultra Ink transfers on some OGIO backpacks and some nicer North Face jackets. ZERO way we would of printed like 6 colors on stuff like tat. Turned out great!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 11:18:19 AM »
Got a pretty reliable place up here in MN finally they are only contract, run Kornits and will actually order the shirts for you or have them in stock. As long as you don't need the order Dec/Jan so far they have been great. Let me know if you would like the info.

Yeah, I'd be interested in checking them out. You can post the contact info here or PM me, whatever you prefer.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!
Nice guys laugh last.