Author Topic: We are migrating to Teesom  (Read 6228 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
We are migrating to Teesom
« on: May 15, 2020, 10:46:19 AM »
So after 14 years with T-quoter we are moving to Teesom.  The main reason is pretty obvious...an internal management program doesn't work in today's world of everything being online.  We are entering data multiple times between invoicing and ordering products that should be close to eliminated with Teesom.

I will try and do some updates on what we like and don't like about it.  It's a very robust program, and can sometimes be overwhelming to get everything working or dialed in just right.

We felt it was the best fit for our shop and it's worth looking at if you are considering a new management program.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: We are migrating to Teesom
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 10:59:10 AM »
I was revisiting teesom yesterday as we're struggling with T quoter too. I was reading the thread about Shopworx since Order My Gear connects to it, but that thread has me spooked. I need to do the trial of teesom again and see if it's better than last time. We really need signage and apparel all in one system. Keep us posted, we are dying for something new....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 11:15:09 AM »
Teesom is the one made by fastmanager right?
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 12:30:49 PM »
Yes, it is the fastmanager one.

They made a ton of small changed that make it overall easier to use.  There are still a couple improvements that need to be made, but it's better than it was 6 months ago.

I would say tell them I sent you, but your price would probably go up...I really asked a ton of questions and answered all of them and we just had a zoom meeting today to setup a few things for oddball jobs.

The most important advice i can give is make a list of pros and cons of your existing system.  Things you like and things you don't and features that really matter and features that  you don't or wouldn't use.

We just started this week and I can write up an order almost as fast in Teesom as I can in T-quoter.  That's not bad since I've been running T-quoter since 2006.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 12:36:07 PM »
We are still on fast manager... I tried a trial of teesom and found some of it worse. Some better. Been a minute though since I messed with it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 01:55:41 PM »
A question...When you guys change systems, how do you transfer all that info to your new system?

Foe example, we have 8 years of orders now... and we constantly have to go back and look.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 02:05:11 PM »
A question...When you guys change systems, how do you transfer all that info to your new system?

Foe example, we have 8 years of orders now... and we constantly have to go back and look.

You don't...we are keeping t-quoter up and running since it costs nothing to do that. 

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 06:28:14 PM »

You don't...we are keeping t-quoter up and running since it costs nothing to do that.

I'll let you try it out for a month or two then pick your brain on it...Does it offer any sign of hope for signage or vehicle graphics?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 09:51:39 PM »
They added a square footage pricing calculator.  I haven't played with it at all, but you can setup as many price matrices as you want so it could work...again, it's all in how you want the pricing setup.

It's completely going to change how things get sorted in QuickBooks...not nuts about that.  I am going to play around with that a lot more.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 08:55:59 AM »
I think we are doing this too. The sign / printing end of this program is better than the dang apparel! What won me over is the customer support. They are on par with the old M&R service team.

with T-quoter, you had a better chance winning the mega millions than getting assistance.

Only thing I do not like at ALL - is the three tiered pricing option...There are WAY too many variables in place for me to offer a "rush" charge and have it blow up in my face because UPS lost my box...again  :o  third time this week. But I think we can work around that..

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 09:52:15 AM »
I think we are doing this too. The sign / printing end of this program is better than the dang apparel! What won me over is the customer support. They are on par with the old M&R service team.

with T-quoter, you had a better chance winning the mega millions than getting assistance.

Only thing I do not like at ALL - is the three tiered pricing option...There are WAY too many variables in place for me to offer a "rush" charge and have it blow up in my face because UPS lost my box...again  :o  third time this week. But I think we can work around that..

They are supposedly making that an option.  I like the idea of it, but I would like to be able to turn it off for certain customers.  You can turn it off on the order level in a couple of steps.

Offline nightheron

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 04:26:13 PM »
Why are you going to Teesom instead of to PriceIt or FastManager?  I need a shop management program.  My company is very small (one auto and two manuals) just doing custom and our wildlife line.  Thank you for the neat discussion.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 12:09:17 PM »
So after 14 years with T-quoter we are moving to Teesom.  The main reason is pretty obvious...an internal management program doesn't work in today's world of everything being online.  We are entering data multiple times between invoicing and ordering products that should be close to eliminated with Teesom.

I will try and do some updates on what we like and don't like about it.  It's a very robust program, and can sometimes be overwhelming to get everything working or dialed in just right.

We felt it was the best fit for our shop and it's worth looking at if you are considering a new management program.

What features and/or functionality do you prefer with Teesom over the other cloud based software options out there?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
We felt Teesom was a closer fit to what we were looking for.  It's not perfect, none of them are.

You also get a lot of bang for you buck with them.  The best thing I can recommend is to write down what is important to you, what you are looking to streamline or change and see which one fits you better.

I will say the setup isn't easy.  It's almost too much.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 01:13:52 PM »
Any update on your progress. Likes/Dislikes?