Author Topic: Quickbooks  (Read 9589 times)

Offline terryei

• !!!
Quickbooks
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
I know a lot of you don't use Quickbooks, we have for years.  Just upgraded to the newest version...AWSOME.
We plan to go "almost" paperless this year.  We have been fooling around with it a little the past few days.  We can create an invoice, attach the art work file, e-mails, approvals, Po's, production paper work, etc.  AND THROW ALL THE PAPER WORK AWAY!
We have it backed up on the net daily and also throw it on a jump drive weekly.  I have it on my computor and also on another that my wife and bookeeper use.
This is one nice program.
We started using it before we were screen printers and kept it...Glad I did.  Maybe it is a little different than some industry specific programs, but we have been able to adapt it to our screening/embroidery busness.
Just had to write, feeling good about 2012
Terry

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Quickbooks
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
the only thing I don't like about QB.. my bank only offers Quicken download files  :o
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »
the only thing I don't like about QB.. my bank only offers Quicken download files  :o
Our bank is the same way.. although you can pay a monthly fee for quickbooks files.

I will say we just upgraded from QB 2009 to 2012 and i really like the upgrade. Amazon is running a nice upgrade special on QB 2012 right now
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:14:11 AM »
I trust reviews from you guys more than Amazon, but damn the first three people are REAMING the new version.

What is better about this version?  I have 2008 simple start and am looking to upgrade and probably still will.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »
Our bank is the same way.. although you can pay a monthly fee for quickbooks files.

I will say we just upgraded from QB 2009 to 2012 and i really like the upgrade. Amazon is running a nice upgrade special on QB 2012 right now

I've got Navy Federal Credit Union and they don't even offer anything but the quicken filies. it seems to be a credit union thing.
I'll have to check that upgrade, I have 2011 pro now so unless it's a major change I'll hold off for a few months.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »
Those with 2012, does it really do this?

Quote from Amazon reviewer:
"Do you want to save invoices as a PDF to email your customer? YOHOHO yeah you can do that... but Quickbooks is sneaky and they will tell YOUR customer to go to a website to pay online without asking you first and if you want to get your money, that's a subscription. "

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »

"Do you want to save invoices as a PDF to email your customer? YOHOHO yeah you can do that... but Quickbooks is sneaky and they will tell YOUR customer to go to a website to pay online without asking you first and if you want to get your money, that's a subscription. "
Ours does not do this, and I don't think it did with earilier versions.  We are trying to get all customer to take an e-mailed invoice.
Terry

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »

No it does not!

We email all invoices easy as pie with no external links to anywhere.
"No man is an island"

Offline studog

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
  • I am back
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »

No it does not!

We email all invoices easy as pie with no external links to anywhere.

Ditto. We have been emailing invoices for years with this not happening. I have not seen the new version yet. I thought I saw that I can access some of the data from my iphone which would be nice.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Hey Terry,

I'm curious about how you invoice in Quickbooks for screen printing.  Can you post an example?

We invoice (in a different accounting program) by using an item priced as a base cost that includes a shirt and one color print in one location for each price break and then you can add colors and locations via additional items.  For garments we simply have an item "GARMENT STYLE" that is priced at 0 for shirts in the included price range and then we up or down charge based on the price of other garments. We simply fill in the garment style in the description. 

It works but you don't get the advantage of having an itemized "garments to purchase" list like in some mgmt programs and the invoice looks a bit odd to clients.  Really interested to see how other use accounting software for quoting/invoicing/production mgmt. 

It sounds like the newest version of QB has a lot of features that our web-based accounting software we used last year has and that's a good thing.  Attaching receipts and paperwork as scans to the entry is the way to go, so much less paper work to file and sort (and go find later when neeed), just open up the attachment.  I have a trial of QB Online Plus right now and some of it is very impressive some of it not so much.   

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »
Hey Terry,

I'm curious about how you invoice in Quickbooks for screen printing.  Can you post an example?

We invoice (in a different accounting program) by using an item priced as a base cost that includes a shirt and one color print in one location for each price break and then you can add colors and locations via additional items.  For garments we simply have an item "GARMENT STYLE" that is priced at 0 for shirts in the included price range and then we up or down charge based on the price of other garments. We simply fill in the garment style in the description. 

It works but you don't get the advantage of having an itemized "garments to purchase" list like in some mgmt programs and the invoice looks a bit odd to clients.  Really interested to see how other use accounting software for quoting/invoicing/production mgmt. 

It sounds like the newest version of QB has a lot of features that our web-based accounting software we used last year has and that's a good thing.  Attaching receipts and paperwork as scans to the entry is the way to go, so much less paper work to file and sort (and go find later when neeed), just open up the attachment.  I have a trial of QB Online Plus right now and some of it is very impressive some of it not so much.   
Buy some shirts from me and I'll send you an Invoice.
Just kidding,
Let me grab one and I'll post it.
Terry

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 06:31:48 PM »
Hey Terry,

Buy some shirts from me and I'll send you an Invoice.
Just kidding,
Let me grab one and I'll post it.
Terry

;D Awesome. Thx.  Here's one of ours.

We have a choice to use Item or Service entry for invoices so we use non-inventory "virtual" Items for custom printing.  This is a pretty simple job- 1co in 2 separate locations.  In our pricing structure it costs X to add a print location and X to add colors to any print location on the job. 

It works but it makes our sales reporting look pretty screwy.  The setup in T-Boss web is far better, allowing you to invoice multiple print jobs on one ticket but their invoice looks almost worse just due to the layout and fonts. 

Offline Printwizard

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 04:48:38 AM »
Have a look at XERO as its awesome.  Great integration between bank and lessens your accounting bill.  It growing fast, I think they say over $50billion in transactions on it now this year.apparently it's the greatest out at present.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 09:40:20 AM »

We have premier 2011, and it "did" have a link like that in the e-mails. Somewhere in the settings it can be turned off tho. I will say it took a minute to find, QB has a ton of settings... Or just call tech support, and they can guide you to it.

We love QB!!
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
With QuickBooks are you able to upload pricing from your apparel supplier?