Author Topic: Digital printer for transfers and color mock ups.  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Digital printer for transfers and color mock ups.
« on: August 05, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »
My wife got this junk printer last year that was on sale...and now it’s not on the market. Super hard to get inks...GO figure. AND, the inks are costly.

In search of a new Digital printer. Would anyone chime in for us if you are using one you like well please.

Her desires in her words:
Individual common or (easy to find) ink  cartridges.
High Rez output for full color digital transfers.
Scan/Cop/Print
Wireless

Has a tray for PVC card and print capability to be universal/ (Whatever that means).

My preferences would be to print  letter size mock ups, art proofs and 13x19 posters if feasible.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Digital printer for transfers and color mock ups.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 05:59:21 PM »
What printer did she get that you are now unhappy with?
I use an Epson WF-7210. I think that the version that includes a scanner is the WF-7710.
Meets your needs, and a lotta bang for the buck!
With refillable carts or a CIS, ink would be very reasonable. otherwise, any office store should have the stock ones.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »
Epson XP6000 is what she has. It dumps ink when cleaning.
She's checking that WF-7710 out now. It looks like that one does not include the ability to have an extra tray to print on PVS cards like she is wanting to. Everything else is great. I guess the R and L series does include the trays she needs.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
yeah, I didn't even know what a PVS card was, until I looked it up and saw that it was PVC ID cards that use their own special tray in certain printers.
I see that her printer also can do printable cd's and dvd's.
Why don't you just get refillable cartridges for that printer? I see that they're available.
Of course, then you don't get to do your 13" x 19" posters, or her, any transfer bigger than letter sized :(

Oh, and they all dump ink when cleaning.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:58:27 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 10:36:07 AM »
I picked up an epson ecotank printer. The ink is not expensive and come in bulk bottles. It came with 2 bottles of each color. I have had the printer at home for the kids school work and crafts. We have had it for about 6 months and have not opened the 2nd set of inks yet. They claim you get a 2 year supply with the printer. I am beginning to think they are right.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753HDQ2J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 10:47:20 AM »
She'll want pigment inks for the transfers I believe (we use JetPro Soft Stretch for whites, and the pigment based wash better than the dye based, so far at least).

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline freedomexpressions

• Verified/Junior
  • He who the Son sets free, is free indeed!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 09:47:13 AM »
See if they sell inks and cartridge kits using inkowl.com
We have a sc p600 and our inks are so inexpensive and last using ink owl. It takes a little finesse loading the cartridge with ink but once you get the hang of it and see how inexpensive it it, you will be blown away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk