Author Topic: freeform tool in Illustrator CC2020  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
freeform tool in Illustrator CC2020
« on: August 10, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »
Many, many times I have created a header, arched it, and used the Freeform tool to "splay" the ends; that is, drag the lower left corner downward to make the left side taller, and the same on the right. Choose the Freeform tool, click the bottom left corner and drag downward, hold the shift key to constrain it, the the same on the right. I upgraded to CC 2020 a couple of months ago, and this is the first time I've tried it, and I just can't make it work, nor can I find a tut for it. Anyone?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline easyrider1340

Re: freeform tool in Illustrator CC2020
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 04:09:16 PM »
I’ve needed this a time or two also.  Here for the response. 
Terry

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 10:09:10 PM »
If you select your object and press E key it should be there.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obTgxsYKTaw

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 09:04:15 AM »
If you select your object and press E key it should be there.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obTgxsYKTaw

Yes, but it doesn't operate as it used to for what I'm trying to do. To explain, set JOE'S LANDSCAPE,  "Arch" which keeps the letters vertical. It used to be that you could select the text (converted to outlines/vectors) select the free form tool, click on the lower left corner, start to drag down, then hold the Command key, and shift as well to constrain it if you want, and it would stretch downward, without shifting the other letters; now, it's turning into a perspective, even if using the Freeform (second one down) in the Freeform pallet, where the left is larger, but rotated, as the right side is fading away... They changed a lot of the shaping tools in the 2020 upgrade, and earlier, and I've found quite a bit of griping about it in the Adobe forums...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 09:49:51 AM »
Sorry that did not help....I rarely if ever use that tool so not really what it does or how it works....

Just guessing but would some of the "effect" tools do what you need?....