Author Topic: Shopify and Wix  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Shopify and Wix
« on: August 19, 2020, 05:56:33 AM »
I am thinking about having a site that we can sell from (our present site is like a business card).
Someone recommended using Shopify or Wix. 
I have not experience with these platforms.
Has anybody used them?    I'd like feedback on them.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline broadway

• !!!
Re: Shopify and Wix
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 08:42:33 AM »
My daughter is setting up my Shopify store as i type. It will be simple site. For my location, i do expect to have many local order pick ups. Time  will tell.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 10:01:26 AM »
Shopify brings in a ton for us. The best part about it is while your shop is closed for the night / weekend / holidays you are still making money. Tie it in to IG and you have a winner.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 10:07:12 AM »
Shopify brings in a ton for us. The best part about it is while your shop is closed for the night / weekend / holidays you are still making money. Tie it in to IG and you have a winner.
Are you selling your own brand, or custom services?

I really want to start selling ‘packages’, like 50 shirts with a one colour print. Not special deals, just easy ordering with less emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 10:49:02 AM »
Is any one hosting specific stores for customers while handling their fulfillment?

We have a lot of opportunity for that and hoping someone can point us in a direction.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 10:55:38 AM »
Are you selling your own brand, or custom services?

I really want to start selling ‘packages’, like 50 shirts with a one colour print. Not special deals, just easy ordering with less emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes for bands. Sell around 25 to 150 shirts a day depending on band / release and so forth. Weekends are always big

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 11:34:08 AM »
Is any one hosting specific stores for customers while handling their fulfillment?

We have a lot of opportunity for that and hoping someone can point us in a direction.

We run trade school departments through Order My Gear, and do our own fulfillment, and deliver personally to the school when complete.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline rusty

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 11:38:52 AM »

We run trade school departments through Order My Gear, and do our own fulfillment, and deliver personally to the school when complete.

Steve

Yeah we tested that out with printavo merch and will be switching over to Ordermygear when schools are back up and running...

but we have bands and somes stores/artists looking for more personal touch.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 11:40:28 AM »
How do you handle inventory? I can't imagine print on demand unless you are running DTG? We have a few transfers and vinyl that we are selling on etsy. It has been a nice boost this summer.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:05:00 PM by balloonguy »
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 12:00:19 PM »
If you are getting into it, and it works in your part of the world, I would check out https://www.storenvy.com

It has no monthly fee, and you can still code out your stores to look custom, here is an example store I made https://ohsuimcu.storenvy.com

We prefer Shopify for established brands, but if testing the water this is a good way to do it for no money up front or monthly cost, Shopify is only $29 a month but stores can take time to gain traction and are only as good as you can market.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 12:30:23 PM »
How do you handle inventory? I can't imagine print on demand unless you are running DTG? We have a few transfers and vinyl that we are selling on etsy. It has been a nice boost this summer.

We have DTG coming in near future but all of artists / bands move merch so we print a lot per run and hold inventory. Besides I would not want to DTG 144 shirts with a two color print throw it on the auto. Shopify holds your inventory correctly as the units ship out. Bands get monthly statements

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 01:17:02 PM »
We used Wix for the Arenabowl team that was here. easy to use for us. I liked it.