Author Topic: Price for box truck graphics - what's reasonable ballpark?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Prince Art

Price for box truck graphics - what's reasonable ballpark?
« on: August 24, 2020, 11:10:05 PM »
In another part of life, I've been tasked with sourcing vehicle graphics for a box truck, because I'm the guy with experience in the general field of printing. But I have literally no experience with wraps/vinyl. Wondering if any of you guys can give me a baseline price range as to what to expect when I'm talking to vendors.

Basic details are that we're doing 2 sides of a box truck @ about 20'w x 8'h per side, and then an area on the roll up door about 8' x 4'. We'll be supplying art files to meet whatever specs are necessary.

(And thanks to earlier advice on this forum, I won't be trying to wrap this myself!  ;D)

Any help is appreciated!
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Price for box truck graphics - what's reasonable ballpark?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 08:46:07 AM »
what is your part of the equation? Are you the guy with the truck looking to have it wrapped or are you looking for a company to wrap vehicles for your customer base? two different models, like contract vs retail. We'd be around 2500-3k on a job like that with 3M -  assuming the vehicle is in great shape, rivets aren't rusted out, no rust anywhere. you'll find guys doing it for 1500.00 without laminating and using cheap vinyl. no good -avoid the lowballers and cheap vinyl. There is a reason it's cheap.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Prince Art

Re: Price for box truck graphics - what's reasonable ballpark?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 11:12:56 PM »
what is your part of the equation? Are you the guy with the truck looking to have it wrapped or are you looking for a company to wrap vehicles for your customer base? two different models, like contract vs retail. We'd be around 2500-3k on a job like that with 3M -  assuming the vehicle is in great shape, rivets aren't rusted out, no rust anywhere. you'll find guys doing it for 1500.00 without laminating and using cheap vinyl. no good -avoid the lowballers and cheap vinyl. There is a reason it's cheap.

Thanks Homer! I'm the guy with the truck looking to have it wrapped. This is happening apart from my print biz, in my other job. I just get to handle it because I know more about the general field than anyone else involved. Thanks for putting the estimate in there. I got a rough quote of $2k today, but don't recall if vinyl brand was spec'ed. I'll check on that.
Nice guys laugh last.