Author Topic: Pressure settings for curing DTG print on dark garments  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Pressure settings for curing DTG print on dark garments
« on: August 26, 2020, 02:21:33 AM »
What are we looking for? Minimal pressure or heavy pressure? My instinct says it does not take much pressure to fully cure a DTG print on black or colored garments. How about the pretreatment? Is heavier pressure recommended?
We use a Brother GTX PXX. Sorry signed NDA with Brother and not allowed to mention our model as it has not been officially released in my region :)

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
Re: Pressure settings for curing DTG print on dark garments
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 11:41:09 AM »
I run my pretreated garments through a belt drier, then heat press them around 20-30 PSI to keep the pressure lines minimal and flatten the fibers. Assuming you don't have a belt drier, you can probably keep the PSI that low and extend the amount of time you heat press it to dry the pretreat.

That being said I have heat pressed pretreated garments at 60 PSI and that still works fine but the pressure lines are noticeable.

I like to use a belt drier for curing the garments, and then I will heat tap the garments for 5 seconds with a low PSI (around 10) for high profile samples to give it a better feel.

I wouldn't go over 20 PSI when you are curing the ink.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Pressure settings for curing DTG print on dark garments
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 03:34:27 PM »
I run my pretreated garments through a belt drier, then heat press them around 20-30 PSI to keep the pressure lines minimal and flatten the fibers. Assuming you don't have a belt drier, you can probably keep the PSI that low and extend the amount of time you heat press it to dry the pretreat.

That being said I have heat pressed pretreated garments at 60 PSI and that still works fine but the pressure lines are noticeable.

I like to use a belt drier for curing the garments, and then I will heat tap the garments for 5 seconds with a low PSI (around 10) for high profile samples to give it a better feel.

I wouldn't go over 20 PSI when you are curing the ink.

Thanks for this!