Author Topic: looking for a large dryer. Any leads?  (Read 6214 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
looking for a large dryer. Any leads?
« on: October 11, 2020, 07:00:42 AM »
we are looking for a large dryer and am hoping somebody might know of one that's available.
prefer a 72" belt with 12-16' of heat. would be interested in 60 with 12 or more also.
thanx,
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline BRGtshirts

Re: looking for a large dryer. Any leads?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 08:23:14 AM »
Pierre,

Reach out to Shandy at Swiftees. He's got an Adelco he's selling. Dont know size.
Swiftees 304-372-2966

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »
Pierre,

Reach out to Shandy at Swiftees. He's got an Adelco he's selling. Dont know size.
Swiftees 304-372-2966

thanx, talked to him already. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 08:17:39 PM »
messaged you on facebook, with a guy's phone number.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »
Sometimes Winston or Sonny may know of some good equipment.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 01:00:35 PM »
Sometimes Winston or Sonny may know of some good equipment.
'tried both already. . .
still looking.

pierre

Offline BP

SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 02:39:02 PM »
I realized shortly after i replied that you probably did.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »

yeah, everything is happening rather suddenly so I've been looking everywhere I can think of. Need to have it installed by the end of the month.

pierre

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »

yeah, everything is happening rather suddenly so I've been looking everywhere I can think of. Need to have it installed by the end of the month.

pierre

Oh, what do you have goin' on over there?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 03:46:52 PM »

pierre

Oh, what do you have goin' on over there?

setting up DTG for print on demand. First customer wants 500-700 shirts per day last 6 weeks of the year. Our EPSON was installed last week and we are dialing things in. It turns out that using the dryer instead of the heat presses has a lot of benefits. So we will pretreat and print on the same side of the dryer and use half the belt for DTG and the other half to pretreat. considering it takes 3-4 min to cure the shirt we need something big. Just running one printer at 60 shirts per hour and 60 shirts of pretreat is 120. if we add another printer now we are at 240 shirts per hour.

pierre

Online Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »
Pierre chances are you need a split belt dryer.       Drying times for DTG are totally different to Plastisol.      Might even be worthwhile running two dryers, you can look for a smaller gas dryer for your DTG, gives you the option of not having everything crowded around your dryer.     I'm interested to see how the Epson handles those numbers and also the cost per print.     
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 05:43:59 AM »
Pierre chances are you need a split belt dryer.       Drying times for DTG are totally different to Plastisol.      Might even be worthwhile running two dryers, you can look for a smaller gas dryer for your DTG, gives you the option of not having everything crowded around your dryer.     I'm interested to see how the Epson handles those numbers and also the cost per print.   

this is going into a different space. it will be dedicated DTG dryer.