Author Topic: Shop dogs - not mentioned often enough  (Read 721 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Shop dogs - not mentioned often enough
« on: October 29, 2020, 05:23:54 AM »
Just wanted to dedicate a post to one of my most important members of staff which is my dog. Boo is a little over 2 years young Miniature Schnauzer which makes here in dog years probably a lady in her mid 30s.
Would love to see some more photos of dogs at work here, bring it on.

Online balloonguy

• !!!
Re: Shop dogs - not mentioned often enough
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 11:12:12 AM »
I have a 1 year old golden. He is not allowed at work anymore. I had him in 1 Saturday when the wife and kids were busy. I still have dog hair all over the place.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
Just wanted to dedicate a post to one of my most important members of staff which is my dog. Boo is a little over 2 years young Miniature Schnauzer which makes here in dog years probably a lady in her mid 30s.
Would love to see some more photos of dogs at work here, bring it on.

YES!!! my schnauzer pal from japan!! we have 2 here!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:45:57 AM »
The bulldog is our embroidery persons new pup. He comes in for the day every now and then. Funniest looking thing bouncing around. A ball of skin with a large mouth.

The black one is my dog. She’s a Newfoundland/Lab mix. Smaller than the Newfi’s. Thank goodness.

My other two Zues (Shepherd) and Riply (Lab/Pit) pasted away over the last two years.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »
We partnered up with a local rescue group, and created the "business foster" program. We foster a dog in need here at the shop, and they come in with us every day (they go home with me or my better half at night). Its a four-way benefit; the dog gets lots of additional exposure from our client base, the dog get more socialization time, "meet & greets" can be done during business hours, AND it brings folks to our shop that might not otherwise. We also get lots of cross-exposure thru their social media (rescue groups amass big numbers). We also act as a drop-off and pickup spot for food/supply drives, and fundraiser pickups .

Anyway, as a business we have fostered and adoupted out nearly thirty dogs since we started in early 2017. Dogs of all kinds, from 4lb chihuahuas to a 130lb bloodhound, and lots in between . I could post GIGS of pics, but here was our last one that just got adopted last week. Bugsy is a xoloitzcuintli (mexican hairless), that was an owner surrender, 5yrs old  and a very sweet loving boy. He was a tough one to let go, but he landed a great home and is very happy!
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline BP

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 01:40:49 PM »
I had a golden that went to work every day for years. The customers love it.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 02:08:14 PM »
Conan use to be a shop dog while he was a puppy, he was people friendly then, now not so much so he stays home, he is a Belgian Malinois.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 09:28:49 AM »
We've had a few dogs over the years, our longest was Emma Lee, a yellow lab who came in every day for most of her life. She belonged to our production manager, but loved all of us. When she passed, Christine doesn't wait long, and got another, Georgia Lee, but she is a super fraidy-cat, and is not comfortable here, she gets stressed. But, our screen guy recently got a rescued dog, a blue tick hound/beage mix. 2 - 1/2 years old, acts like he's 6 months. A real sweetie, he's in 3 days a week. His name is Ben.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline avogel

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 01:50:04 PM »
We have a schnauzer too!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 05:55:33 PM »
After almost 7 years to mend a broken heart my wife found another great Buddie for me. Too energetic right now to bring to the shop but looking forward to having him around .
mooseman
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 06:21:04 PM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 06:27:47 PM »
Charlie.
He's not allowed in the production area, but often joins clients in the reception area. (at least he did when I still had lots of face to face encounters)
My driveway has a sign declaring it Rhodesian Ridgeback Road, prompting many dog lovers to ask about him, and he and I happily oblige.
They are always impressed with his soulful eyes, and laid-back attitude.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?