Author Topic: Corel 2020 or Illy Sub?  (Read 4190 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Corel 2020 or Illy Sub?
« on: November 04, 2020, 08:01:36 AM »
I've been using X7 for awhile but now it's getting twitchy and not wanting to play well with some files. I just started using Shutterstock to make my life easier and opening files is hit or miss on X7. I have to drag them to a separate system that has an old Illy on it to open some eps files and transfer them back, a hassle. On top of that my new Roland VG2 has an orange ink set that I can use directly since they haven't bothered to make color swatches available for Corel, but they are for Illustrator. Man, I really don't want to learn a new program at this point. Thoughts welcomed.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Corel 2020 or Illy Sub?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 11:23:43 AM »
Every once in a while we have to make a switch. I go way back to Freehand, and did not like switching to Illustrator, but it wasn't a particularly big deal. But when I tried CD, I just couldn't get the hang of it, and couldn't waste any more time trying to. I almost never get the Corel file, like every few years, so Illustrator it is. The funny part is, some of the recent Illy updates changed things that didn't need to be changed, but I worked it out.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 12:14:36 PM »
From what I've heard /read, Corel 2020 is a hot mess with bugs- but that's par for the course for Corel. I wish i learned how to use illy, but Corel is my weapon of choice since it's all I know...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 12:51:05 PM »
I have had multiple issues opening files you guys all know this Homer Farmboy and Sbrem Frog are just a few that have saved my bacon.
In the mean time I have some success using this source...just an option.  https://www.zamzar.com
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 03:15:57 PM »
If you can request EPS files those seem to open wonderfully in my Corel 2018. I'd suggest if you are going to make the jump perhaps a Corel 2018 ebay copy. 2020 runs like garbage, and so did 2019 when I tried it.

Offline Audifox

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 02:41:11 PM »
If you can request EPS files those seem to open wonderfully in my Corel 2018. I'd suggest if you are going to make the jump perhaps a Corel 2018 ebay copy. 2020 runs like garbage, and so did 2019 when I tried it.
Same here. Nothing but issues with 19 &20.   If you can find 2018 get it.
The other two suck, and Tom from Advanced Artist isn't making any plugins for anything newer than 18 because there are so many issues..... :-X

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 07:02:13 AM »
I am using Corel 20 and the only complaint I have is that it jams up now and again and I have to reboot otherwise I have not noticed any problems.
One problem I have with Corel and not only 20 is when you have text on a path and undo it the text jumps sideways off the page and you have to recenter it.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 08:46:48 PM »
Does anyone here have tried CorelDraw 2020 on macOS? I use the 2018 version using parallels with no issues.