Author Topic: Removing a specific predictive text word  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Removing a specific predictive text word
« on: November 05, 2020, 10:10:47 AM »
When I log into certain sites, I'm often offered specific predictive choices for things like user name, etc. I assume that the list is populated by previous entries. How can I remove specific choices from this list?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline aauusa

Re: Removing a specific predictive text word
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
which browser do you use? 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 10:20:52 AM »
Chrome

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 10:24:13 AM »
Got it, it required Shift along with Delete. Probably the tip you were going to give me, eh?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 10:25:50 AM »
this should help.
  shift and delete should work

oh you already got it

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 10:30:04 AM »
this should help.
  shift and delete should work

oh you already got it

Yeah, I kept plugging away, and apparently got it just as you were typing. Thanks Dan.
Maybe this time I'll remember it, as it's not the first time (and probably won't be the last)
Of course, maybe this little thread will help someone else in the future as well.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 08:05:52 PM »
In case you want to delete them all at one time...........

Open your Chrome browser
    Look to the top right corner of your browser and click the three dot symbol just below the close option. If you’re having trouble finding the symbol, it should be located next to your Chrome profile picture and to the far right of the search bar where you can type in search terms and web addresses
    Hover over the More tools… option until the dropdown appears
    Select Clear browsing data… from the dropdown. You can also skip steps 2 and 3 by using a keyboard shortcut (Control + Shift + Delete) from within your Chrome browser. This should load your Chrome Settings in a new tab, with several Basic options ready for use
    Click the Advanced tab from the new window. This will load a more detailed list that includes a comprehensive autofill removal option
    Check the box next to Autofill form data. Below this option, you should see a brief summary of what will be deleted. If you don’t want to delete anything else, adjust the selections to your preference
    Click the Clear data button near the lower right corner

Once that’s done, your Chrome autofill settings should be cleared. That means your problem is gone, but you may have to re-enter a lot of your routine autofill entries. If you want to avoid that, the next method gives you some extra leeway. Using it, you can get rid of what you don’t need while preserving the parts of your autofill data that you’d like to keep.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers