Author Topic: Auto press operator oppertunity  (Read 5128 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Auto press operator oppertunity
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:10:34 PM »
IDP in Huntsville is looking for an Auto press operator

Must have previous screen print knowledge troubleshooting/problem solving skills on press.

We are a small 2 auto, 1 manual shop. Due to size of shop and number of employees, you may need to be a fill in at other areas of the operation at times before running the order but the main position is for a press operator. Things you might also be needed to do...

Screen room/exposure, Coating, Reclaiming, Inventory receiving/counting in orders, preparing your own order stacking shirts for the next job etc. etc. We are looking to hire someone to be apart of the core team, long term as we grow and potentially move into management position in the long run.

We have an air conditioned environment along with a design department that is able to provide you the opportunity to work on challenging prints that will increase your own skillset to help you grow as an experienced press operator beyond pushing buttons. Spot color (thick Athletic prints and thin retail prints), CMYK, Simulated process, Special effect printing such as HD, Puff, Glitter, shimmers, Unique print locations, and soon to be discharge printing. If you are that guy/gal that wants to do more with your career, have been on a stagnant career path with little self reward, enjoy a comfortable, medium paced, low key atmosphere with good music and want to be a major part of our core team, we are your place to be.

Send email directly to: Art@designsbydottone.com
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Auto press operator oppertunity
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »
Isn't that where the rocket test site is and space camp?
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »
Yep
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 09:03:57 PM »
  Indeed it is. Pretty cool area in that regard. Can't throw a stick in any direction without hitting an engineer.  I love the mountains or "big hills" here. Don't tell these people they aint real Mts.There is great Kayaking and stream fishing with we few well known bass lakes near by. Nashville is a few Hrs north and the Beach is a 5.5 hrs south. That's about the best I have for attractions unless you like caves. The next Mt over has a cave that is said to have the worlds largest opening. Or, Maybe it's the largest in the US. Not sure but it's a huge hole in the ground/wall. Goes in for a few miles and is registered as a location for the President to move his operations to in case of a Nuclear attack. 
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 08:44:13 AM »
  Indeed it is. Pretty cool area in that regard. Can't throw a stick in any direction without hitting an engineer.  I love the mountains or "big hills" here. Don't tell these people they aint real Mts.There is great Kayaking and stream fishing with we few well known bass lakes near by. Nashville is a few Hrs north and the Beach is a 5.5 hrs south. That's about the best I have for attractions unless you like caves. The next Mt over has a cave that is said to have the worlds largest opening. Or, Maybe it's the largest in the US. Not sure but it's a huge hole in the ground/wall. Goes in for a few miles and is registered as a location for the President to move his operations to in case of a Nuclear attack.

If I was younger I would jump all over it, just being near the NASA's space flight center would be enough for me.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 12:15:52 PM »
I'll say having lived in Alabama for most of my life it's like night and day from the top of Alabama to the bottom of Alabama where I live, it's like like two different states once you get pass Birmingham up.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »
I'll say having lived in Alabama for most of my life it's like night and day from the top of Alabama to the bottom of Alabama where I live, it's like like two different states once you get pass Birmingham up.

Funny how that works. New Jersey is the same way. I've lived in North Jersey my whole life and just started looking at houses in south Jersey since it's much cheaper. That being said, it's like an entire different state. People are way different as well.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »
Yes,  I’ve experienced that myself. Coming from Florida where we seems to be more experienced with different cultures and people, a lot being due to tons of nationalities in the Mid to South Fl. But I can say, South Fl, was way way different then Mid Fl...and North(central) Fl was more different that a mid fl.  Then if you trek on over to the top west side of Fl, that was a very even area.

I found the Tuscaloosa/Northport area (for the born residents there) to be very reserved, hard to warm up to. Like they didn’t like outsiders. Working environment seemed very different. People were friendly, but very superficial friendly (unless you were born there). LOL. Mid Alabama seems very (old school, old boy network). Slow, easy going living. Extreme south along the beach of Alabama, I’d expect a little more variety of culture acceptance. TOP, here, is a bit eclectic yet still easy going. A little Country, a little City.

Most of the engineers working in the area, I found to be very dependent on their status. When you meet them, (some I’ll say), it’s common for them to feel the need to give you their pedigree with a run down of their numerous degrees and accomplishments and they almost feel like they have a need to let you know they make a lot of money.  Maybe they are what people call “New Money” and are excited about it.  LOL.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 08:38:53 PM »
One of my sons friend from high school got a job in Huntsville after college making really good money and my son tells his buddy's head has really got to big for his body now, my son says he looks down on people now, but my son has to remind him he knew him before ;D

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 08:14:19 AM »
My uncle and aunt live in a small town near the Suwanee river in swamp part of Florida. We used to visit when I was a kid and I would swear it was like going to the bayou of Louisiana the way it was portrayed on TV. Not sure what it is like there today but back then it was a little unnerving.
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 02:13:13 PM »
Fl does have wide range of environment and atmosphere.  There are the original Floridians that think of themselves more as Ranchers. There is City, and Theme parks, “nice fishing lakes” Retirement villages, Beach scenes, Miami are is a whole other atmosphere and then there are the swamps.

People do live in the swamps and they are a whole other type of people. Reminds me of the true Wva and Pa mountain people. Some in Georgia and Alabama also. The ones that don’t let people back in their woods. Especially tax collectors and city officials. The one son those swamp shows are more citified than what I’m talking bout.  At one of the times, I’ve had shot guns and pistols pulled on me and my friends (as a teenagers) for swimming in a creek hole...that was behind a small town. We were already OUT THERE in the country of Wva. The "back woods" of the backwoods. They rolled up in an old milk van they turned into a camper on wheels and their litter of kin sprang out to chase us off...then their pappy came out with a shot gun, and grandson bullyboy pulled his pistol. One of them began to fist fight with one of our group and luckily one of our dads came down to see what was going on...and had a pistol of his own.  Hatfields and McCoys all over again. Luckily, nobody got really hurt other than some prides. The Dad from our group was the father of one of the boys that was getting beat up on. He was a well thought out man and was able to talk these hillbilly’s down and we left unscathed. Thats just one of the times I’ve had guns pulled on me in the woods. It’s happened about 4 times that I can think of.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 08:29:26 AM »
And then there was Harlequin Nature Graphics in Fort Myers....Todd, Geoff, Richard, Missy as well as so many others were employees and contributors. Sim process was at the time a very new and closely guarded secret but at that time, we did not know. There was a special synergy that I believe that even we did not understand. I came in at the near end of the spin but to this day I believe it was the best job of my life. I ran eight presses from five o'clock to three in the morning before taking on a more technical position. Never mind the weather, every Friday we had a raffle under the Tiki Hut. To be sure many of those proceeds went to a local beer joint! As I would lock up the campus each morning, I would marvel about how the artists were to be sure that what they made would work on textiles.
Reminds me all of the sudden that so many great printers and printmakers are women.
I believe and hope in my heart of hearts that these types of companies still exist.
Brandt and his crew do just that.... they just make really great car shirts