Author Topic: Corel Find and replace  (Read 5456 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Corel Find and replace
« on: November 24, 2020, 03:11:09 AM »
I am using Corel 2020, I would like to be able to find all the blacks, even if they are not the same Pantone number.
Is this possible?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Corel Find and replace
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 08:14:21 AM »
I am using Corel 2020, I would like to be able to find all the blacks, even if they are not the same Pantone number.
Is this possible?

Negative on the find and replace. You have to do one color at a time.

I use this macro for finding and replacing colors, you have to do one color at a time but it is pretty quick and it is free. It also works in X20 no problem. You can also install the outline version as well. http://corelvba.co/index.php?pages=magic_1

There is some paid for macros out there that would probably give you the ability to sample more than one color to find and replace at one time.

"No man is an island"

Offline aauusa

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 08:50:55 AM »
there used to be a macro I used to have in x12   called limit colors,  this allow you to find and replace with certain values you select.  I believe it was oberon macro

here it is https://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/limitcolorssh.htm

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 09:02:57 AM »
there used to be a macro I used to have in x12   called limit colors,  this allow you to find and replace with certain values you select.  I believe it was oberon macro

I used to use Oberon a lot for macros and the forum to get help making macros personally. But I think it all stopped back at version x4 or so. If you use any of the older macros you would need to go into the editor and change a few things to work in newer versions such as pointing to the correct file directory etc.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 09:39:14 AM »
Advanced Artist Simple Seps. use the color selection palette, select al the colors you want to replace and fill with the new color.

OR -

Convert object to high res bitmap, adjust the contrast so the "blacks" go to a true black -  then trace bitmap if it needs to be vector.

...I hate working in vector...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »

I used to use Oberon a lot for macros and the forum to get help making macros personally. But I think it all stopped back at version x4 or so. If you use any of the older macros you would need to go into the editor and change a few things to work in newer versions such as pointing to the correct file directory etc.

I have the Oberon Color Replace macro working on X6.  I'd have to dig around as to what I had to change cuz it wasn't out of the box easy.  I did have to fiddle with it.  Let me know if anyone needs the details.

Did a little more digging.  The Oberon site does seem to stop at X4 showing a download of:
ColorReplacer.zip
which expands to ColorReplacer.gms

What I have is lf_ColorReplacer29.3.8.gms and it does work for X6 on a 64 bit machine.

One caveat is that it won't change Fountain Filled selections.  At least not that I have found.

I honestly have no idea where I got it from, but let me know if anyone wants a copy.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 02:33:31 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 02:32:51 PM »

I have the Oberon Color Replace macro working on X6.  I'd have to dig around as to what I had to change cuz it wasn't out of the box easy.  I did have to fiddle with it.  Let me know if anyone needs the details.

I had it working in X6, but a re-set of my system entailed re-installing my programs, and, though I thought that I did everything the same, I can't get it to work this time around. That said, I do pretty well with find and replace.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »

I had it working in X6, but a re-set of my system entailed re-installing my programs, and, though I thought that I did everything the same, I can't get it to work this time around. That said, I do pretty well with find and replace.

Andy, re-read my last post.  I updated it with my solution.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 02:51:37 PM »

Andy, re-read my last post.  I updated it with my solution.
I don't know what version mine is but it has a birthdate of 2006. Same with what appears to be available. Mine just doesn't open. The menu expansion choices appear, but Star Replacer just doesn't open or do anything.
I may just try installing it again from scratch.

Offline Catnhat

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 09:28:29 PM »
Using 2020 here, and the Oberon Limit Colors macro.

I remember it took some playing with it, to get the gms file in the right folder so it would work.  But it has been working fine on every version of Corel going back to vers. 10.  Still use the Oberon registration marks macro in 2020 too.
The Oberon Color Replacer and Fit Objects to Path macros stopped working during one of the Ver. X7 updates.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 06:09:40 PM »
Using 2020 here, and the Oberon Limit Colors macro.

I remember it took some playing with it, to get the gms file in the right folder so it would work.  But it has been working fine on every version of Corel going back to vers. 10.  Still use the Oberon registration marks macro in 2020 too.
The Oberon Color Replacer and Fit Objects to Path macros stopped working during one of the Ver. X7 updates.

If the Registration marks work in your 2020 version, my guess is the Color Replacer I have should work as well.  Shoot me a PM with email if you want a copy.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 08:41:17 PM »
Here's the link to what appears to be the same gms file as Wayne just sent me. (Unfortunately, also the same one I already had  that just doesn't seem to work now on my X6) https://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/ColorReplacer/index.htm#:~:text=Unlike%20the%20CorelDRAW's%20or%20Corel,was%20tinted%20on%20some%20objects.
Perhaps the difference, as someone mentioned, could be updates that put the kibosh on it.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 10:58:10 PM »
Here's the link to what appears to be the same gms file as Wayne just sent me. (Unfortunately, also the same one I already had  that just doesn't seem to work now on my X6) https://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/ColorReplacer/index.htm#:~:text=Unlike%20the%20CorelDRAW's%20or%20Corel,was%20tinted%20on%20some%20objects.
Perhaps the difference, as someone mentioned, could be updates that put the kibosh on it.

The zip download from that link has a file named ColorReplacer.gms, dated 2006 at 60KB.  The file I emailed is named lf_ColorReplacer29.3.8.gms, dated 2012 and is 144KB.  I'm pretty sure those are different.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 09:29:54 AM »

The zip download from that link has a file named ColorReplacer.gms, dated 2006 at 60KB.  The file I emailed is named lf_ColorReplacer29.3.8.gms, dated 2012 and is 144KB.  I'm pretty sure those are different.

You are correct! I somehow had just re-installed the older one again! This one definitely opens in my X6! Yay!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 11:09:04 AM by Frog »

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:16 AM »
I also found it on the Oberon Forum from some years back. https://forum.oberonplace.com/showpost.php?p=20481&postcount=47
Here it is, as one can attach zip files here.