Author Topic: Epson WF7210 (or similar) Low Ink Warning  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Epson WF7210 (or similar) Low Ink Warning
« on: December 08, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »
I use refillable carts from Cobra. No problem there as long as I agree I understand that the carts are not "approved" after installing a new one, or in my case, refilling one. My problem, really more of an annoyance is the arbitrary low ink warning  that these, and other, printers calculate rather than actually sense.
Are there any tricks to shutting these off? The built-in sensors will only reset upon installing a new cart or refilling after the printer actually shuts down mid-print when it determines that it may now actually be empty. This feature, by the way, is my biggest complaint as it scraps that print. My last WF1100 also stopped mid print, but then continued where it left off after the printer sensed that the cart was replaced.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Epson WF7210 (or similar) Low Ink Warning
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 05:43:03 PM »
I use refillable carts from Cobra. No problem there as long as I agree I understand that the carts are not "approved" after installing a new one, or in my case, refilling one. My problem, really more of an annoyance is the arbitrary low ink warning  that these, and other, printers calculate rather than actually sense.
Are there any tricks to shutting these off? The built-in sensors will only reset upon installing a new cart or refilling after the printer actually shuts down mid-print when it determines that it may now actually be empty. This feature, by the way, is my biggest complaint as it scraps that print. My last WF1100 also stopped mid print, but then continued where it left off after the printer sensed that the cart was replaced.

The refillable carts I have (Epson Photo 1400) auto reset when they get to empty.  I don't have to remove and reinstall carts for it to happen.  I was watching the ink carts displayed one time while printing to see what happened when down to empty and the thing went poof.....full.  Magic. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 05:54:01 PM »
Well, even if not automatic, mine also reset when empty, just can't seem to avoid the low ink nag.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 08:30:52 PM »
Well, even if not automatic, mine also reset when empty, just can't seem to avoid the low ink nag.

Must be unique for that model.  I don't get a warning, just the carts display with "supposed" ink levels whenever printing.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers