Author Topic: 21 step test and CTS  (Read 4830 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
21 step test and CTS
« on: December 10, 2020, 09:22:23 AM »
How are people using a 21 step test(or Stouffer strip if you prefer) on screens that have been imaged using a CTS unit?

We had always just taped it on a screen every 6 or whatever months to make sure we were still "good". This time though we have changed 2 variables, moved from ink CTS to wax and we are using a special winter blend of our same emulsion. Since this time we are essentially testing with 3 variables(the every 6 month thing is one of them) I wanted to get the most accurate test possible.

Just wondering how others test? Just tape it on the screen like we have done previously? 
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: 21 step test and CTS
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 09:31:26 AM »
that's how we've done it, and we did it like every other month.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »

Thanks man! Low blow on the underhanded slam... "every other month". Here I thought 6 months was good... ;D ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 01:14:03 PM »

Thanks man! Low blow on the underhanded slam... "every other month". Here I thought 6 months was good... ;D ;D

Are you two using something other than LED to expose and is why you test your exposure strength?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 02:21:49 PM »
No we use LED. The reason I kept testing it was in case light started may be degrading? That and with the extreme temperature and humidity swings we have up here it is nice to know your screens are solid considering our screens are for DC/WB a half cooked screen is disaster.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 09:47:34 AM »
No we use LED. The reason I kept testing it was in case light started may be degrading? That and with the extreme temperature and humidity swings we have up here it is nice to know your screens are solid considering our screens are for DC/WB a half cooked screen is disaster.

6 months should be totally OK with a good quality LED unit. They don't deteriorate very fast unless improperly powered or cooled. Reputable manufacturer should have those under controll.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!