Author Topic: Waterproof film on a roll  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Waterproof film on a roll
« on: December 10, 2020, 02:08:21 PM »
So, we've been having some issues of late with film starting to print out of register in the last 1/3 or so of the roll. It's the same supplier we've used for the last few years, the problem is going on 4 months now. We're on the east coast so a supplier there would be good; I used to use Fixxons, but they are 5 days away, which is kind of inconvenient when you haven't paid close attention and suddenly need film. So, who do we like?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Waterproof film on a roll
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 02:36:49 PM »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:09:24 PM »
we get ours from M&R out on Long Island. I don't know about the rolls but I am pretty sure the 13 x 19 is just Fixxons repackaged.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 08:20:54 PM »
nazdar, never had any issues with their house brand. image something. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 06:33:58 AM »
nazdar, never had any issues with their house brand. image something. . .

pierre

I think it's Image Star. Get that with the 3" core and never look back, or get a CTS :)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »
The Image Star is over double the price of what we use, so even if we lose a 3rd of a roll with the old stuff, it's still less. $174 vs. $74. I know about "you get what you pay for" but this is the same reason we don't pay for Epson's screen film either. I agree about the 3" core though...

Steve

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 11:03:14 AM »
The Image Star is over double the price of what we use, so even if we lose a 3rd of a roll with the old stuff, it's still less. $174 vs. $74. I know about "you get what you pay for" but this is the same reason we don't pay for Epson's screen film either. I agree about the 3" core though...

Steve

must be looking at the wrong film. It should be in the $70 range. make sure it's the 17" wide you are looking at. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 11:03:53 AM »

Steve

I have no idea about the core on the rolls that GM Graphics sells, but the price is certainly more reasonable

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »

Steve

must be looking at the wrong film. It should be in the $70 range. make sure it's the 17" wide you are looking at. . .

pierre

This ^

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 05:29:53 PM »

Steve

pierre

Been a while for me, but I think that the Nazdar site may list different prices for those not logged on with an account.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 09:00:10 AM »

Steve

pierre

Been a while for me, but I think that the Nazdar site may list different prices for those not logged on with an account.

I suspect Andy is correct, as here's my screen shot...

Steve

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 11:49:08 AM »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 12:21:34 PM »
Much better, thank you!

Steve