Author Topic: GT 541  (Read 3484 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
GT 541
« on: January 04, 2021, 04:06:48 PM »
We have a super clean GT541 and over the year we decided to let it die. It has a PC board issue, nothing to expensive but we just had enough of DTG. Question now is what the hell to do with this huge machine just collecting dust? We could just toss it in the land fill but it has nothing but good parts in it. Do you guys think there is a market to sell off parts or more importantly sell it to someone for a couple hundred bucks? Or is it just a waste of time?
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: GT 541
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 04:23:23 PM »
post it on digitsmith. somebody will take it. you can make few bucks and keep it out of the landfill. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 04:32:33 PM »
We had one a few years ago that was needing an upgrade, until the tech saw it and said it was too far gone, so we let it go to scrap metal instead of the dumpster.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 04:47:41 PM »
Curious as what soured you on DTG

Offline Val

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 07:14:08 PM »
I’m looking for parts for mine. Where are you located?

Offline Val

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 07:19:49 PM »
We have a super clean GT541 and over the year we decided to let it die. It has a PC board issue, nothing to expensive but we just had enough of DTG. Question now is what the hell to do with this huge machine just collecting dust? We could just toss it in the land fill but it has nothing but good parts in it. Do you guys think there is a market to sell off parts or more importantly sell it to someone for a couple hundred bucks? Or is it just a waste of time?

Not sure if you saw my reply. I need some parts for mine. Maybe we can make a deal. Text: 440.963.5424

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 08:03:36 AM »

Not sure if you saw my reply. I need some parts for mine. Maybe we can make a deal. Text: 440.963.5424

Located in CT, not looking for much juts rather not see it go to waste. You can call me at 203 949-9455 Mike
"No man is an island"