Author Topic: Tip of the Day?  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Croft

Tip of the Day?
« on: January 05, 2021, 02:40:53 PM »
This is new to me but gave it a try , used Lysol toilet bowl cleaner on the lexan at the back of my wash out booth cleaned it up in minutes and it was thick with pink emulsion residue.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Tip of the Day?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 03:11:12 PM »
awesome! thank you!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 04:03:19 PM »
I bet it is the hydrocloric acid in it, other wise known as muriatic acid. Its always been used as a brick/concrete cleaner so maybe buying a gallon of muriatic for a couple dollars at HD is a good idea.
"No man is an island"

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:06:03 PM »
Kind of found out from a not so sharp temp :) asked him to clean the shop bathrooms he used toilet bowl cleaner on everything including the guys nasty hand washing sink , it came out looking new :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 05:01:05 PM »
I bet it is the hydrocloric acid in it, other wise known as muriatic acid. Its always been used as a brick/concrete cleaner so maybe buying a gallon of muriatic for a couple dollars at HD is a good idea.

It may well contain this, but it is in a thick solution that really helps it cling and dwell on vertical surfaces. When I reclaimed in a bathtub, I used a similar bathroom cleaner, and would use it normally, by squirting it out at the top of the tub, and letting it ooze down.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?