Author Topic: Font Samples in a PDF File  (Read 1199 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Font Samples in a PDF File
« on: January 22, 2021, 07:29:18 PM »
I happened to run across this today while surfing.  This may be something everyone has already seen, but was new to me as an easy scroll-able PDF for many of the basic Fonts.  Anyway, for what it's worth....
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline aauusa

Re: Font Samples in a PDF File
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 12:10:41 PM »
whats is really nice is in corel font navigator you can select as many fonts as you like and print them out or pdf  them and all characters with names are shown.

like attached

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 02:50:05 PM »
Yes, but that listed nearly 200 fonts (and some derivatives) when you're trying to find a font you want to use not to find a font identification (What the Font).  Generally you can usually spot a target font you're looking for with just a common letter or two.

I actually have output sample Corel files (with full alphabets) grouped by name identifications such as Smooth Letters, Pointy Letters, Scripts, Hollow, Athletic, Oddball, etc. 

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 07:31:14 AM »
I use https://wordmark.it/ a lot to find a font that I already have on my system. Use Chrome with their extension, type in a word and hit enter.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 12:33:02 PM »
I use https://wordmark.it/ a lot to find a font that I already have on my system. Use Chrome with their extension, type in a word and hit enter.

That looks handy, do you have any issues? Some of the reviews weren't favorable. Is there a fee? I don't see one listed, but it's mentioned in the reviews.
Tees and Coffee

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 10:18:37 AM »
No fee. There is a pro version but I don't see any benefit to me. It use to use flash to load some system fonts so now you have to use Chrome with the extension. I have never had an issue with the site.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 05:15:55 PM »
I did check that out. 

The only drawback for me is that I have a ton of Fonts that are not all installed, so this only uses the ones that I have actually installed on my PC.

But I believe it does have a role to play.  Thanks for sharing.