Author Topic: Non-textile simple solarized seps?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Non-textile simple solarized seps?
« on: January 26, 2021, 05:35:36 PM »
For serigraphs (paper) I have a new Cannon Pro 100 printer with proper inks and films (not hooked up yet). No sep programs ( do not want to pay monthly fee) I have inquiries and opinions as how to proceed (do I need a rip for solarized non halftones?) Corel draw to scan and manipulate one color monotypes from an etching press to a negative/positive serigraph? I realize that this may be difficult to wrap your heads around but all comments and suggestions welcome.
best tp

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Non-textile simple solarized seps?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 03:07:05 PM »
Solarized?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 08:26:24 PM »
Sorry to be vague but it is a photographic non halftone process that with practice I may be able to achieve without a (RIP) on film. I'll try to post some examples (perhaps vintage rock posters from the late sixties?)and pls forgive....the term solarized may not be accurate. Think of hard edge spot colors solids/lines/stipples etc with no gradients or dot patterns that are knocked out from each other  Perhaps with some help from Michel C and friends I can better get to where I want to be but any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance tp

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 01:24:55 AM »
Maybe it's "posterize"?  kinda' ike
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 09:29:01 AM »
Maybe it's "posterize"?  kinda' ike

Before "Posterization" was a Photoshop option, we would do it with a process camera. Take a black and white picture, and shoot several exposures without a halftone screen. The shortest exposure would give you a silhouette of the bulk of the image, and subsequent longer exposures removed more and more of the image until you got down to the very darkest part of the picture. Flashing hadn't been invented yet, so we would have make a number of masks using a contact frame to cut the parts out of each other. It could be fairly tedious. Photoshop of course, makes it much easier. I used to really love darkroom work back in the day.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »
Thats it guys Posterized! Had the terminology wrong. Will try some experiments this wknd. Heck, I may even use multi angled split fountain blends for continuous tone color blending just for giggles
thanks tp