Author Topic: ASI orlando  (Read 1127 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
ASI orlando
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »
Is anyone going? I am thinking of getting in and out on Monday.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: ASI orlando
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 11:11:54 AM »
I picked up a free pass, so I might meander over either Tuesday or Wednesday. Never been, and it's considerably larger than the upcoming ISS show here, which shrinks every year now. I wonder if they'll even stage one next year. Hardly any press companies.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:07:08 PM »
I have been to iss since 2007 (I think). I am not going back.
Have fun if you go.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »
I think I will try to go on Tues. Only because that it s the day I'm able.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »
I have been to iss since 2007 (I think). I am not going back.
Have fun if you go.
Matt

Last year was the first time I missed it. First show was in 2004 in Tampa, then Ft. Lauderdale, now in Orlando, but since the economy has crapped the bed, the Orlando show is doing a disappearing act. I think there are only 3 press manufacturers on the list, Brown being the biggest, and a bunch of small vendors. I'd be surprised if it survives here after this year.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
I have to say, in general, I hear that from people who are attendee's of the Orlando ISS shows but when I talked to the vendors, they all said the same things and it's what I saw also. Of those people who went, they were buying.  So, those who needed to go, went. Not a lot of tire kickers.  All in all, it was productive and worth while for those who attended and for those vendors who were showing.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850