Author Topic: Pre production approvals.  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Pre production approvals.
« on: June 09, 2021, 11:59:09 AM »
I always laugh to myself when the printer comes in to show you the print for approval before production, but they won’t come any closer than 5 ft. LOL.

That there, is a tell tale sign that there is something wrong with it and they know it,... but don’t want to improve on it. So, I says, “being it closer, Let me hold it” each time, but they still come in each time after, at 5 ft away. Apparently they hope that i’ll just start to not really look at them.  ::)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
Re: Pre production approvals.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 12:01:50 PM »
We do it with two people, our shop assistant who catches and counts (not a printer so they have the retail eye) and our printer (me or my business partner who have a bit more to lose/gain).

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Pre production approvals.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 12:28:22 PM »
Had a foreman at Marier Engraving in San Francisco in a former life, who had his own expression for those "less then perfect" samples. "Looks pretty good to a guy going by on a galloping horse".
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?