Author Topic: For film users. AccuRip does not always print all colors when told.  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
I have this thing that happens.  I know my files are set up right, and technically, AccuRip is set up right...but occasionally, or (1 out of 3 jobs) will NOT print all colors at one time.  It’s all there, all prepared like it should be...but does not always work like it should. I see it as jsut an AccuRip flaw but not sure.

I go to print the seps, I choose all seps to print one after the other. My seps are set up stacked over top of each other...and I send to the printer all at one time. In the Illustrator Print preview window, I have all seps chosen to print.  but every now and then, it loads 1 color, then nothing. So, I have to print one at a time. Some times it loads all (one right after the other) and the printer is waiting for me to load film and print again...and some times not.

Anyone experience this and see a resolve?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: For film users. AccuRip does not always print all colors when told.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »
The only time I've had that happen has been operator error, so far anyway. Maybe it's a communication issue or the preference file has been corrupted?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 04:20:44 PM »
I can see a preference issue. Not sure on the other communication error.  Hard to tell.   I just sent another 5 color job.  It printed two of the 5 (one right after the other) and out of sequence. Like it did 1 and 3 but then I printed each remaining one at a time.  Just a glitch that bothers me.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »
No help from AccuRIP? They have been pretty good in the past, but I haven't written to them in a few years...

Steve

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 01:46:49 PM »
To be honest, (as I always am), Just a saying...I dunno why I say that.  LOL.  but I have avoided calling them.  Last time I called, they guy I spoke with was rude, pushy and didn’t want to address anything.  So I just don’t bother with them.  I guess if I want to resolve this issue, I’m going to have to call them In hopes that they say “oh yea, it’s this or that.   But I don’t hav much faith in their response.  But the issue is one that I can live with. Not horrible. I just wanted to eliminate one more small thing.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 04:22:54 PM »
I used to speak with Charlie Facini there, he was always good, maybe he's no longer there.

Steve

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 03:34:51 PM »
Charlie is the owner. He’s still there within the Co walking the halls, but I don’t think he’s been involved in support for years. He has the people doing that who care less. Charlie’s into other things. This is just one of his businesses from what I have heard rumored.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 07:33:45 PM »
Perhaps if enough people on enough forums and FB groups have had similar experience with their support team, and let folks know, the word will spread, and ol' Charlie may reassess his company's support policy.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 08:12:57 AM »
I think I'd be trashing some preference files at this point, as our artist would be driving me crazy...

Steve