Author Topic: Trouble hot peeling Supacolour transfers  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Trouble hot peeling Supacolour transfers
« on: August 05, 2021, 04:41:08 AM »
Is there a fool proof way of peeling them? Following all their instructions and we had not once a transfer we could hot peel with confidence.
Most of the time we ended up doing cold peel which at least didn`t cause letters to fly of the garment.It`s failry hard to do a cold peel though. So far our attempts today are a mixed bag.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Trouble hot peeling Supacolour transfers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 08:24:34 AM »
I'm using a fair amount of them. Depending on the garment, we use the recommended 290° - 310°, and 5 - 7 seconds pre-press, 15 seconds main press, peel hot. In fact, I usually put a cover sheet over them to keep the transfer from lifting off when I raise the head. That said, I got a job back yesterday, a circle with a 50th Anniversary banner across the bottom, the the right and left side of the banner, where it's outside of the circle didn't have enough adhesive on them. I sent them a photo of it, and they are replacing them for us, very good service I've found. Write to them, I've found them very responsive and helpful.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 09:19:56 PM »
I just ordered a bunch after having the same issues with samples they sent HOWEVER my patience is about as long as my ...well it is pretty short. As my pissed offedness rose to a fever level i grabbed the hot sample transfer and ripped it off like one pulls a painful band aid.
Holy SHIRT it peeled perfectly. Tried it again ripped it off at mach 3 while still finger hurting hot...it worked perfectly.
So I have 110 left chest transfers en-route to me at this very minute that i will be peeling with blistered fingers and after burner speed.
we will see kind of a expensive experiment.

BTY we sampled same DTF transfers from Howard and we liked the Supacolor product way better.
Still waiting on Transfer Express samples to come in they don't seem to be too energetic about winning new customers beem waiting over a week as of yesterday .
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 12:12:16 PM »
I'm also using TE's UltraColor, which peel cool, but I think the Supacolor are better. I miss TPRNT though, where we could buy a single gang sheet. If Supacolor had gang sheets it would be grand.

Steve

Offline DonR

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 01:35:27 PM »
TPRNT.COM should be back up and running late next week. Our ship finally came in and delivery of new printers and supplies is scheduled for this coming Tuesday. It will take a few days to a week to get everything setup and ready for production. I will post some pictures next week.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 02:40:38 PM »
Fantastic Don, glad to hear it. This must have made you half crazy.

Steve

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 03:58:40 PM »
TPRNT.COM should be back up and running late next week. Our ship finally came in and delivery of new printers and supplies is scheduled for this coming Tuesday. It will take a few days to a week to get everything setup and ready for production. I will post some pictures next week.
Matsui is going to release their DTF printer soon, you can see it on their Instagram feed.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3LdvcLvIc/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMs3bHujcmP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 04:02:53 PM »
I'm using a fair amount of them. Depending on the garment, we use the recommended 290° - 310°, and 5 - 7 seconds pre-press, 15 seconds main press, peel hot. In fact, I usually put a cover sheet over them to keep the transfer from lifting off when I raise the head. That said, I got a job back yesterday, a circle with a 50th Anniversary banner across the bottom, the the right and left side of the banner, where it's outside of the circle didn't have enough adhesive on them. I sent them a photo of it, and they are replacing them for us, very good service I've found. Write to them, I've found them very responsive and helpful.

Steve
I tried a new radically different approach today, I changed heat press preasure to 110 psi. Et voila it works suddenly very well. Makes me wonder why we have to apply almost double the recommended preasure. We use a Geo Knight auto press almost new. I can’t really imagine anything being wrong with that heatpress.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 06:40:34 PM »

Just learned about you here, (I am real slow to catch up with the rest of the folks here  ::)) real interesting looking forward to working with you.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline DonR

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 07:18:27 PM »
We are fully up and running with our new dual high speed DTF printers. If anyone wants samples, message me with your company name and address or sign up for an account at www.tprnt.com.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 09:06:40 PM »
I just ordered a bunch after having the same issues with samples they sent HOWEVER my patience is about as long as my ...well it is pretty short. As my pissed offedness rose to a fever level i grabbed the hot sample transfer and ripped it off like one pulls a painful band aid.
Holy SHIRT it peeled perfectly. Tried it again ripped it off at mach 3 while still finger hurting hot...it worked perfectly.
So I have 110 left chest transfers en-route to me at this very minute that i will be peeling with blistered fingers and after burner speed.
we will see kind of a expensive experiment.

BTY we sampled same DTF transfers from Howard and we liked the Supacolor product way better.
Still waiting on Transfer Express samples to come in they don't seem to be too energetic about winning new customers beem waiting over a week as of yesterday .
mooseman

Not familiar with that brand, but on others, what works for me is to fold up a corner of the transfer (with no ink of course) and that tab will pop up when you lift the heat press head making it easier to quickly grab and yank the transfer off.  Trying to get the transfer initially lifted from the substrate to grab is where I used to burn my fingers. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 08:39:20 PM »
Switching to a pneumatic heat press solved all our issues.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 09:56:48 PM »
I`m beginning to wonder if there are some issues with our pressure readout on our GeoKnight auto heatpress. Only at close to 90 psi those transfers hot peel. If I use the recommended pressure settin gs it`s cold peel all day long but as well not really easy though.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2021, 08:48:39 AM »
I`m beginning to wonder if there are some issues with our pressure readout on our GeoKnight auto heatpress. Only at close to 90 psi those transfers hot peel. If I use the recommended pressure settin gs it`s cold peel all day long but as well not really easy though.

I picked up an old Knight 6 x 8 back in the spring, with a heated bottom platen as well as the top, and on that press we run it at 80 psi, 200°F on the bottom, 290° on the top, and peel immediately if not sooner. That being said, I did 40 poly jackets on an old Insta 16 x 20 with a Transfer Express Print Perfect Pad at 290°F and the max pressure this old man could apply, and peel it immediately.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:52:47 AM by Sbrem »

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 09:54:05 AM »
We have pneumatic presses and use full pressure on the Supa transfers. Then its peel it like its a band aide. No hesitating just yank. I like the idea of dog earing a corner first, going to have to try that
"No man is an island"