Author Topic: Zipper Pallets  (Read 1948 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Zipper Pallets
« on: August 23, 2021, 10:32:20 AM »
Anyone using these boards from Action? If so, happy with them? I don't do a lot of zip hoodies, but if these would be great when I do.
https://actionengineering.com/zipper-hoodie-pallets/
Tees and Coffee

Offline Biverson

Re: Zipper Pallets
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 11:08:49 AM »
I've got some here that I used with my Anatol. It was an 8 station and I only bought 4 pallets as I rarely used them, and didn't want to drop the dough to get all 8. They worked okay. You definitely have to explain to clients that around edge of the zipper that any crevice may not be perfect. I had to heat press some and they still weren't totally smooth across the zipper seams. I didn't explain those expectations and the client was a little bummed, but understood.

What type of press do you have? I've pretty sure the Anatol bracket is compatible with the M&R and I'd be willing to part with 'em.
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 11:59:54 AM »
Anyone using these boards from Action? If so, happy with them? I don't do a lot of zip hoodies, but if these would be great when I do.

go with foam on platen, works better. While the Action stuff works, the issue we ran into is the width of the channel which often did not match the width of the zipper. It added to the ink pooling around the zipper hems. Foam conforms to the bumps and works better.
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 12:06:59 PM »

go with foam on platen, works better. While the Action stuff works, the issue we ran into is the width of the channel which often did not match the width of the zipper. It added to the ink pooling around the zipper hems. Foam conforms to the bumps and works better.
pierre

this is correct, but only a problem, if you are doing prints over the zipper, or up to the zipper. if you're simple looking for a way to recess the zipper, the Action pallets work great!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
For left chest I use sleeve pallets.
Slide the hoodie on with the zipper just off the pallet. Works great.
If running with t-shirts or regular hoodies, I'll burn the left chest image and offset the zipper hoodie image in the center of the screen and down a bit on the same side of the screen so they are both registered.
Specialty Stitches

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 06:04:40 AM »
Thank you for the replies.  :)
Tees and Coffee

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »
@Tom, how much flashing are you going to do, in the pass I've taken some coroplast and cut in half made a channel for the zippers and taped to my pallets, also did this for 3 button polo's
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 05:07:58 PM »
@Tom, how much flashing are you going to do, in the pass I've taken some coroplast and cut in half made a channel for the zippers and taped to my pallets, also did this for 3 button polo's

I've done the same, but used Sintra (STYRENE) as it holds up under the squeegee pressure. I'd just like to have the right tool for the job at this point.
Tees and Coffee

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 10:22:57 PM »
I have a set from Action that I might sell. They’re great we just don’t use them much these days.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 02:28:15 AM »
We put a piece of heavy tape under the screen when we print zippered sweatshirts.
We don't print full front only pocket designs but for this the taped up screens work well.
You can also do what we do with polo shirts, we put heavy tape under the screen but also have squeegees with  1 1/2" step ground away in the middle so the sqeegee doesn't touch the buttons.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2021, 08:41:55 AM »
We put a piece of heavy tape under the screen when we print zippered sweatshirts.
We don't print full front only pocket designs but for this the taped up screens work well.
You can also do what we do with polo shirts, we put heavy tape under the screen but also have squeegees with  1 1/2" step ground away in the middle so the sqeegee doesn't touch the buttons.
tape up cleanup cards under the screens for those left chest prints on polos or zipper hoodies. Found them stronger than tape.
piere
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 11:31:13 AM »
tape up cleanup cards under the screens for those left chest prints on polos or zipper hoodies. Found them stronger than tape.
piere

This.
The card goes right where the zipper hits the screen. Also box tape top and bottom over the zipper where the split on the squeegee runs.
Overkill is better than dickin up a hoodie or two.
Tees and Coffee