Author Topic: Cant order enough ink anymore  (Read 2761 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Cant order enough ink anymore
« on: August 30, 2021, 11:22:09 AM »
We have been capped on how much Wilfex we can buy from Nazdar. We ordered what we could today as the last day of the month, and will order what we can tomorrow on the new month. But there is no way we can get enough to cover the month ahead. What is everyone else doing/ Is going to different vendors working? I am afraid if I call another vendor they will not sell us anything currently.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Cant order enough ink anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 11:24:00 AM »
Texsource doesn't seem to be rationing.  I just got some street fighter white because the most Wilflex will allow me to buy is 1 gallon of Xtreme or Quick.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 11:34:34 AM »
The more we all talk about this, the more other printers will run out and buy ink they actually dont need.

This will only compound this issue.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 12:41:06 PM »
The more we all talk about this, the more other printers will run out and buy ink they actually dont need.

totally agree.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 02:03:25 PM »
Yep I agree Brandt, it's just human nature to jump the gun, I see it this way don't need much ink if I can't get the shirt's LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 02:45:20 PM »
It will compound it for sure.  We keep enough colors to last for over a year.  The only thing we don't keep that much stock in is white.  That is the only thing I am worried about.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 05:44:47 PM »
It might just be that we'll do with white ink what we have to do with shirts, and that is get what we can and make it work. But as Darryl says, it won't make much difference if we don't have shirts to print on.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Admiral

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 06:30:53 PM »

Toilet paper all over again.

We usually have 2 months of white ink, we would like to extend it to 4 months.

The bigger issue is we cannot lock in our STOCK ink colors, so we are having to resort to mixing a lot more than usual and now need more mixing supplies - but we usually get those from Nazdar who locked us to 75% of Jan-Jul ordering but our September + Q4 is our biggest print time of the year.  Should have at least used YoY amounts IMO.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 09:49:26 PM »
I hope a lot of folks panic and try to switch to water base or discharge (you know, it's that easy) and leave all the crappy plastisol to us. But yeah, here I am saying quit talking about it, yet I am.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 07:45:44 AM »
I hope a lot of folks panic and try to switch to water base or discharge (you know, it's that easy) and leave all the crappy plastisol to us. But yeah, here I am saying quit talking about it, yet I am.

Dave, as usual, it is all your fault! Stop hogging the ink! :)

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 09:32:36 AM »
All I did was ask a simple question from other printers in the same boat as we all are. Yes talking about it may not help but TSB is not Mass Media, we are a very very small group of printers out of the whole. Talking about it is not going to change anything.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 09:37:03 AM »
All I did was ask a simple question from other printers in the same boat as we all are. Yes talking about it may not help but TSB is not Mass Media, we are a very very small group of printers out of the whole. Talking about it is not going to change anything.

don't sweat it. It's clearly stressful right now for everybody, but bringing this up so few of us that are actually still here benefit from it is the right thing to do. If there wasn't for similar conversations few months back we would all be out of ink by now.
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 09:43:06 AM »

don't sweat it. It's clearly stressful right now for everybody, but bringing this up so few of us that are actually still here benefit from it is the right thing to do. If there wasn't for similar conversations few months back we would all be out of ink by now.
pierre

To be honest I always thought since we are so small compared to the big ink users out there it would never effect us, But clearly it is now and we have to be careful on accepting some orders that may take more ink than we can get. Thats why I wanted to know if going out side your normal vendors is doable.
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 10:15:31 AM »

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. But I 100% think you are wrong that talking about it isn't going to change anything. Every time I see this topic on here and other facebook printing groups I nudge Shelly and we look and order more ink. So I am literally proof the more this is talked about the more we buy ink trying to be sure we are as OK as can be. On club house the other day someone brought this up as well and many chimed in that they are literally now hording ink as as result of the rationing and they are actively looking for ink. I wouldn't have replied with such if I hadn't already seen this playing out.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 10:49:14 AM »

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. But I 100% think you are wrong that talking about it isn't going to change anything. Every time I see this topic on here and other facebook printing groups I nudge Shelly and we look and order more ink. So I am literally proof the more this is talked about the more we buy ink trying to be sure we are as OK as can be. On club house the other day someone brought this up as well and many chimed in that they are literally now hording ink as as result of the rationing and they are actively looking for ink. I wouldn't have replied with such if I hadn't already seen this playing out.

THe ink rationing is already in effect so no one is really going to hoard to much at this point. There is shops out there that order more ink than the combined print shops of the active posters here, I would think they are the ones that have the largest effect on ink shortages. Those shops are whales for suppliers and suppliers are going to always provide them first.
"No man is an island"