Author Topic: Printer/Driver Problem  (Read 1555 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Printer/Driver Problem
« on: September 10, 2021, 03:56:48 PM »
I've got an Epson Stylus Color 3000 printer and just recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and all associated software on a new SSD drive due to a 'lost' SSD drive.  Yes, they too go bad.

In trying to get things back again, I was able to get my Epson 1400 up and running, but the 3000 is giving me some grief.  Those units are so old now that Windows won't update to "find" a compatible driver and even Epson does not seem to offer one either.  So......

1) Does anyone here have an Epson 3000 printer driver for Windows 10?
or
2) Does anyone know how to get in contact with Sigmo.....IF he is even still around?

There's possible sites found in google searches, but with all the ransomware potential, I'm reluctant to go that route.

TIA,
Wayne
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:40:39 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline aauusa

Re: Printer/Driver Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »
have you tried installing with the old driver but using the compatibility mode where you can use like a win 7 driver to run it.   do a research on install using compatibility mode windows 10.   this is how i got a old hp5100 running.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 11:30:37 AM »
DAVID PARKER
SIGMO INC.
10301 SW PUEBLO ST
TUALATIN, OR 97062

503-875-5719

4parker@gmail.com

This is what I have from back in 2014.
Tees and Coffee

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 01:02:38 PM »
have you tried installing with the old driver but using the compatibility mode where you can use like a win 7 driver to run it.   do a research on install using compatibility mode windows 10.   this is how i got a old hp5100 running.

My son, who works in IT, spent about 2 hours the other night trying and could not remember how we got it working on Win 10 last time and we don't have an "old" driver to attempt.  Thanks for the reply.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 01:05:35 PM »
DAVID PARKER
SIGMO INC.
10301 SW PUEBLO ST
TUALATIN, OR 97062

503-875-5719

4parker@gmail.com

This is what I have from back in 2014.

Thanks for the contact info.  The good news is that is still a good phone number.  The bad news is that David no longer works on the 3000's like in the past.  He was on the road, but had a couple of suggestions to try and will send me an email if he thinks of something else.

I'll update this post if we get something working.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 10:59:36 PM »
Well, it's an update, but my son was moving all over the place and trying different things and now it works.

The only thing I caught was a link to a Microsoft search that produced 4 possible driver files.  He tried em all and one worked for 64 bit Windows 10. 

Shoulder Shrug, lol.