Author Topic: Business software  (Read 2118 times)

Offline BP

Business software
« on: October 28, 2021, 02:42:49 PM »
I would like your help on what software we should look at? Your thoughts. inksoft printvo etc. We do screen printing and embroidery in house and 1/2 of our business is ASI.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline BACjc

• Verified/Junior
  • Bumperactive - Stickers and Tees
Re: Business software
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 04:19:55 PM »
What are you trying to accomplish?  What are your points of pain currently?  Do you use quickbooks already?  How do you manage your production queue?  Do you do any kinds of stores, fulfillment, etc? For the ASI stuff, is is a wide range of products?

we just went though this and settled on Onsite from shopworks.  It was the only option that was flexible enough to handle the very wide range of things we do.  There were features from every app we looked at that were the "best" compared to the competition, but very few of them were feature rich and flexible enough for us. 

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »
I don't use it but if you are smallish or more simple check out https://www.theprintlife.com

I watched some YouTube videos and it seems pretty neat and affordable.  But maybe too simple for your shop.

Check out some of the other threads on this, there are quite a few out there but no one killer solution that really understands the process fully and has good usability for that in my opinion, I've been searching for 9+ years

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 06:55:21 AM »
What are you trying to accomplish?  What are your points of pain currently?  Do you use quickbooks already?  How do you manage your production queue?  Do you do any kinds of stores, fulfillment, etc? For the ASI stuff, is is a wide range of products?

we just went though this and settled on Onsite from shopworks.  It was the only option that was flexible enough to handle the very wide range of things we do.  There were features from every app we looked at that were the "best" compared to the competition, but very few of them were feature rich and flexible enough for us.

We do a lot of ASI and fulfillment. Yes we do use quickbooks.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 09:42:05 AM »

We do a lot of ASI and fulfillment. Yes we do use quickbooks.

we use TeeCal. It now integrates with Shipstation for us (there is an API to connect it to outside programs). We have not finished setting all that up though. But the idea that you can get your data and custom write what ever is not offered in the system is pretty big. No program will have everything you need, but at least you have an option to add what's missing (when the API is available).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 02:45:19 PM »
Pierre is right.  No software will have exactly what you are looking for.  As a matter of fact, a lot of what I didn't like in Teesom is a better way of doing things.

I don't think teesom is a great fit for you since you do a lot of ASI.  It's a little weaker in that area frankly.