Author Topic: Glossy finish plastisol  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Glossy finish plastisol
« on: November 01, 2021, 01:43:03 PM »
So years ago, when I first started, we used to have a "glossy" finishing sheet for transfers, which, as the name suggests, put a glossy finish on transfers. Fast forward to today, and I'm looking one that would work on plastisol prints already on a shirt. Anyone?
Also, I'm thinking of adding a Knight DKP Twin shuttle to a DK press I have, does anyone have any experience with one of those, good or bad? It seems we are doing more and more transfer work, and anything that speeds it up is a good thing...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Glossy finish plastisol
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 01:50:58 PM »
The teflon sheets seem to add a bit of gloss. (while the brown kraft paper cover sheet dulls a bit)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline futurecolors

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 02:27:51 PM »
im not sure how much of a glossy finish you're going for but these guys have a couple options.

https://awpaper.com/product/glossy-finishing-sheet

https://awpaper.com/product/litho-gloss

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 06:35:30 AM »
So years ago, when I first started, we used to have a "glossy" finishing sheet for transfers, which, as the name suggests, put a glossy finish on transfers. Fast forward to today, and I'm looking one that would work on plastisol prints already on a shirt. Anyone?
Also, I'm thinking of adding a Knight DKP Twin shuttle to a DK press I have, does anyone have any experience with one of those, good or bad? It seems we are doing more and more transfer work, and anything that speeds it up is a good thing...

Steve

You can print a clear base on top of the design. I use HD clear.
SHIRT HAPPENS!