Author Topic: Online Stores and product shortages  (Read 4044 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Online Stores and product shortages
« on: November 03, 2021, 01:41:59 PM »
How are you guys dealing with this? We spend on average 2-3 hours per store sourcing items that we "think" will be available when the store ends, only to have them completely sold out. The only way we've been able to fight this is to shorten the length of the store to 2-3 days. We received some flack from parents about only having a few days to order but, there's not much we can do. I'm about to stop offering stores until we get items back in stock.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline aauusa

Re: Online Stores and product shortages
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 01:52:47 PM »
what I have started to do is put a disclaimer at the front of the store and at check out that "any item which is out of stock at the time the order is placed will be refunded."   I have done this after the first store we had htis year ran into this.  I also will call the customer if there is an alternative which is comparable to see if they want to switch( guildan sweat for a badger sweat)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »
How are you guys dealing with this? We spend on average 2-3 hours per store sourcing items that we "think" will be available when the store ends, only to have them completely sold out. The only way we've been able to fight this is to shorten the length of the store to 2-3 days. We received some flack from parents about only having a few days to order but, there's not much we can do. I'm about to stop offering stores until we get items back in stock.

You said it., we did it. No more stores for now. Just to many hassles involved.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 10:15:14 AM »
I have a pop up saying items will be replaced with a comparable item, I refuse to contact the customers and give them options. By the time you are done getting answers from them, those are sold out too. We have way too many to close up shop but it might be the only way until these boats get unloaded....

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
The time it takes to refund and/or call people sucks.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »
We just closed 2 stores and fortunately didn't have much of a problem (I was stunned, I expected all kinds of problems) and had another close last night, which I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, at least it's a small one. I have one more that wants me to re-open, but I'm finding that a lot of their items are on delayed status, sigh. I have 2 prospects looking for stores, and I fear this could be trouble. Once I'm out of the weeds I'll be digging in. We all know this sucks.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 01:12:17 PM »
I shut down all future store fronts. they all agreed to wait until January to try again. I have 12 open right now, we'll see how it goes. December may be a rough month if this doesn't turn around.