Author Topic: Printer software upgrade  (Read 1861 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Printer software upgrade
« on: November 05, 2021, 02:09:44 PM »
Can someone give me a little advice, I keep getting a printer software upgrade for my epson L1800 I use this printer only for DTF, do I need to let it upgrade or just keep clicking no, it only comes up every now and then....plus why do I need to upgrade the printer software any way?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Printer software upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 03:01:02 PM »
Can't provide an exact answer since I don't have that printer nor do I ever install printer software that comes with a printer.

But these 2 things came up on a Google search using Epson L1800 in the argument for update request:

----------------------------

What's a firmware update?

A firmware update will upgrade your device with advanced operational instructions without needing any upgradation in the hardware. By updating the firmware, you will be able to explore new features that are added to the device and also have an enhanced user experience while interacting with the device.Dec 11, 2019

People also ask
How do I stop my Epson Software Updater?
How to Turn Off Epson Firmware Updates

1.    Search for "Epson Software Updater" on the Windows search bar and open up the program.
2.    Select your printer model from the drop down menu and then select "Auto Update Settings"
3.    Select "Never" under the "Interval to Check" menu. To save your settings and exit, select "OK".

Oct 16, 2019

Hope that helps some
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 03:47:13 PM »
Thanks, I know sometimes when you update stuff, you might get a heck-up in some of your other programs which is a pain in the butt
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 12:59:20 PM »

Can't provide an exact answer since I don't have that printer nor do I ever install printer software that comes with a printer.

Does that also keep you from using the color profiles that may come from 3rd party inks? I use Cobra Pigment Inks. In my Epson dialog box, Preferences/color, these show as choices to adjust depending on paper choice. makes quite a difference.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 07:49:21 PM »

Does that also keep you from using the color profiles that may come from 3rd party inks? I use Cobra Pigment Inks. In my Epson dialog box, Preferences/color, these show as choices to adjust depending on paper choice. makes quite a difference.

Most prints use only black for film.  Possibly I'm missing something on inkjet transfers, but has not become an issue so far.  Dunno.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 08:42:59 PM »

Most prints use only black for film.  Possibly I'm missing something on inkjet transfers, but has not become an issue so far.  Dunno.

We are using our printers very differently. My printer is now used mostly for transfers, and I was very pleasantly surprised when I started using the Cobra profiles.
Previously, mostly, I lightened actual photographs with the gamma control, to get close to the original, but colors were often way off.
Pantones? fuhgeddaboudit! Now, surprisingly close.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?