Author Topic: Rutland EKO/Zodiac Taurus Inks  (Read 2573 times)

Offline sunday

• Verified/Junior
  • Your friendly neighborhood ink person :)
Rutland EKO/Zodiac Taurus Inks
« on: November 09, 2021, 07:56:34 PM »
Are any of y'all printing with these? If so, where do y'all order them from? I'm trying to source more of this ink for a customer who's very particular about non-PVC inks, and I'm not having much luck. I've gone through Avient's Zodiac distributor list, but everyone seems to be keen on Aquarius with no love for Taurus.

Thanks kindly!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Rutland EKO/Zodiac Taurus Inks
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 10:13:25 PM »
Are any of y'all printing with these? If so, where do y'all order them from? I'm trying to source more of this ink for a customer who's very particular about non-PVC inks, and I'm not having much luck. I've gone through Avient's Zodiac distributor list, but everyone seems to be keen on Aquarius with no love for Taurus.

Thanks kindly!
Try ordering directly from Avient. Just be prepared for extended lead times :)

Offline sunday

• Verified/Junior
  • Your friendly neighborhood ink person :)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 01:34:09 AM »
Try ordering directly from Avient. Just be prepared for extended lead times :)

I've reached out to them, but it's not looking good. :(

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 12:13:49 PM »
Unfortunately acrysols have never become main stream. During the conversions to non-pvc for the big sports empires, many versions of these products from multiple brands had numerous issues.  High solids h2o became the non-pvc ink of choice. 

Except on 100% polys, which used these acrysol products due to the bleed blocking properties. However, now with the advent of really robust hsa blockers, much of this printing is transitioning to water.

Most of the current usage for the products you seek is off-shore. This is why you are hard pressed to find any here in the states. Most distributors simply do not stock the product. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline johnmageescreenprinter

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 10:55:41 AM »
Did you ever have any luck with this? I work for Avient and I know we had those inks on hold due to a raw goods shortage- but I can look into it further if you've not had any success.