Author Topic: So....  (Read 7364 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
So....
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »
what dtg do you have?,how long? and what kind of problems have you had and what fixed it if you did?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: So....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »
Brother GT-541.  I've replaced 1 print head, at around 50,000 prints and the wiper(can't remember when).  I have over 76,000 prints on the machine.

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
T2. Had for about 4 years. Replaced 1 printhead. Clogged due to sitting idle while out of town. Solved the problem with Resolute ink. Stuff rocks. Won't plug heads. Seen the same machine and ink sit for a month without clogging. Turned on and after 1 head cleaning started printing perfectly. Get some :)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
T-2? is that a T-Jet?
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »
The thing is a workhorse.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Hey Bob,

If you ever get a chance could you drop off a sample (I'll pay you for it) of your DTG work? So when people come into the office needing a couple full color shirts I can show them the quality. Just when you get a chance.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »
Coyote, you are lucky, I've known a few people that have gotten those, only to not be able to keep them running.  I have a friend that runs one now, I am passing along the ink link from above.

It seems the further and further these machines get from USSPI, the better they work.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »
I really think, alot has to do with training and maintenance. Most people think it's like buying a regular printer that they use at home or office for printing color day to day paper prints. If most of the economical DTG's of today are epson base, they are basically the same as far as the main functionality goes. Rips may vary, most if not all DTG inks are made by 1 company, Dupont and then relabeled, so it boils down to the user. Like saying an Acer pc is a pos vs a dell. If both have seagate Hd's, Pny memory, Asus mother boards, and intel processors, Windows 7, the rest is a power source, and a housing, and the most important variable, THE USER. I hear good and bad about every single machine out there, including the Kornit, which is un-dboubtlably the most sophisticated DTG out there. Even Brother users, some love, others sell to go with something else. I think what we are going to do, is go with something used, 2 years old or so, smaller format, to learn more about it and not get under a heavy lease or investing 20 plus thousand. Build our market and integrate into our current business plan. I see a future with DTG for us, but I'm not willing to look into a 5 year payment for it yet. There are some good deals on used DTG brand, and T-jet brand, which besides the companies selling them and the outer housing, are basically the same machines in the guts of it. I'm sure when I find the deal I'm looking for, I will be posting all sorts of stuff. The white WIMS that DTG has come up with, with the circulation pump and all looks cool, not sure if it's necessary since I know others that don't use anything like it and never have issues with white as long as they continuously run their machine. I would like more info on the Resolute inks, if they really do have less issues ect. Chime in guys with experience with their machines, epson based, or not. I do have my eyes on the DTG Viper possibly in the future, although, the Brother 782 looks like a solid monster, but either of those would be at least 1-2 years off.

Mike

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »
correct, except you have to realize that MAC uses the same parts as PC's for the most part.  I have a PC that new would run $6,000.  It works better than any of the $1,000 I have built.  All manufacturers make different levels of components, cheap systems use cheap components.

The 782 is being phased out...I think.

The Kornit has some features that are awesome, but I wouldn't call it the most advanced.  I know a guy that sold his and settled on the GT-541 as his printer...the Kornit had too many problems.

We have 76,164 prints on our GT-541.  I wouldn't go any other route than with Brother.  I think for the past 4 years they have won the "most reliable" award for office printers.  And while these are office printers, the same basic principles apply.

I am seriously looking into the Brother Graffitee Printers.  The price is right, and the platform is nearly flawless.

To be honest, the only other printer I would consider is the Anajet.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
But, at least up till now, you have been stuck with white and light shirts only for DTG, correct? The demand we have is always dark shirts, we would have to have a white option. When Brother, officially releases their 541 with white, I will be taking a hard look at it. I have heard that the new Anajet Mpower is nice too, looking forward to spending some time at the ISS Orlando next month. I do have a friend with an M&R I-dot as well, loves it, has had it 2 years and no issues, so who really knows right. We won't be relying on DTG for primary use, mainly very small orders looking for 4 or more colors under 50 pieces, so needing a machine that can handle heavy heavy day to day use isn't needed at this time. That's why I think a baby step into something cheap to get a little learning on, with a machine that other people use and love is something I'd be willing to try. You never know, 3 months in, big things could be needed, at least we would know we didn't lose on a 5 figure purchase.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »
That is where I'm at.  We have an auto, manual and DTG.  They compliment each other well.  I would like to be able to print white ink, but I have a shop fairly close that can handle it, so I send it to them.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 02:02:06 PM »
I'm hoping Brother will be at ISS Orlando with the updated 541 next month, I'd really like to check it out.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »
they should be, they had it at long beach.  I think they are starting to deliver them at the end of march.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: Re: So....
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »
correct, except you have to realize that MAC uses the same parts as PC's for the most part.  I have a PC that new would run $6,000.  It works better than any of the $1,000 I have built.  All manufacturers make different levels of components, cheap systems use cheap components.

The 782 is being phased out...I think.

The Kornit has some features that are awesome, but I wouldn't call it the most advanced.  I know a guy that sold his and settled on the GT-541 as his printer...the Kornit had too many problems.

We have 76,164 prints on our GT-541.  I wouldn't go any other route than with Brother.  I think for the past 4 years they have won the "most reliable" award for office printers.  And while these are office printers, the same basic principles apply.

I am seriously looking into the Brother Graffitee Printers.  The price is right, and the platform is nearly flawless.

To be honest, the only other printer I would consider is the Anajet.
Ooof we looked into the anajet. After seeing it work or not work last year at iss show we opted to wait. I guess many people had issues with the board frying in the sprints, and they are slow. I would do the brother if I was going to do one now.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:33:37 PM by sweetts »
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com